Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Tablets

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Tablets
Price: $54.99 - 69.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, Mar 02 to Friday, Mar 03) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Tablets) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Tablets) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Amazon - Google Shopping Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Tablets)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/9/2017 - $69.99 - 79.99 - Click To See Discussion (24 comments)
1/22/2017 - $69.99 - 79.99 - Click To See Discussion (23 comments)
12/23/2016 - $69.99 - 79.99 - Click To See Discussion (17 comments)

So this has ATT 4G. Do I have to get a data plan or is it included?

I’m 99.9% sure the data plan is not included, but I will ask the vendor team to confirm.

UPDATE: Data plan is not included.

A very good question though, since my older Kindles came with lifetime free 3G service.

The Kindle 3G service is only to download at slow speed books and documents. The LTE connection on this tablet is a full data connection (like the iPad Wifi+LTE). Yes, you will require a data plan.

I have owned a refurbished Kindle HD 8.9 for a couple of years and can tell you that you will not be disappointed in the screen. This display has better specs than any of the current Kindles and it has absolutely fantastic sound.

The only cons are battery life is highly dependent on what you have on, so turn down the display brightness and turn off the wi-fi /LTE unless you really need it.

I loaned this to my brother once and he did not like it because it was too “heavy,” but while no lightweight, it seems fine to me.

Oh, if you do get one, invest in a nice cover that protects the screen when not in use.

Is 64GB worth another $15 vs 32GB?

According to Engadget’s review, wireless bands supported are:

LTE 17, 4; WCDMA 1, 2, 5, 8; GSM 850Mhz, 900Mhz, 1800Mhz and 1900MHz.

Purchased one the last time they were for sale. It’s unlocked. Pop in any micro SIM you want. There’s instructions for TMobile APN/configuration. Once entered you’ll be alerted about wifi security settings, choose to open the web page.

TMobile offers 200MB a month for free, and other plans. Relatively painless to use whatever provider you want.

I bought this last time because my daughter needed my 7" for college. Screen rez is awesome but o s is noticeably clunkier than the current gen.

Is it unlocked?

I wooted one of these and it worked well…for awhile. One night I let accidentally let it discharge, plugged it in, then turned it on and it stays on the splash screen.

I’ve taken it apart, taken the battery out, etc. I’ve gone through all the help I could harness from the internet but it’s bricked.

So I bought a brand new one and love it.

There’s no microSD slot for external memory on this model so it’s probably worth the extra money to get the 64GB version.

Fire tablets do not come with the Google Play Store so you have to get apps from the Amazon app store, which has a much smaller selection. You can manually add Google Play Store with a little effort, I found instructions and files to do so on my HD 10 at xda-developers.com. After installing one of the required files (Google Play Services) I’m now also able to cast from my Fire HD tablet to to my Chromecasts, before it would only cast to my Fire Stick.

I bought one when they were offered a few weeks ago. It’s a little sluggish for some apps, but still very usable.

I wish you could still get the HDXs somewhere … they are much, much better than Amazon’s current tablet offerings.

Please buy this Kindle Fire.
Guaranteed not to go haywire.
The screen is 8.9 inch,
so you don’t need to squinch.
Looks good with any attire.

Can anyone recommend a quality, currently available protective cover for this 2nd generation Fire HD tablet? Slim pickens on amazon but some are still available on Ebay…

I wish you’d get rid of that bug before I bust my monitor trying to swat it.

I second the motion.