Amazon Tap: Alexa-Enabled BT Speaker

Received mine and it could not join WiFi to setup, was blocked by Amazon from being able to be registered.

Had to call into Amazon and have block listed and registered.

Posting in case anyone else has the same issue.

I had the same issue (Error 10:2:12:3:1) when trying to register. The device was blocked and listed as “lost or stolen”. I called Amazon, but they were unable to lift the flag on my device, saying Woot had to do it. But so far, Woot is not offering any assistance besides shipping it back for a refund.

I am in customer service hell right now, unable to use my legally purchased device. Which was a gift for my husband. How incredibly frustrating and embarrassing. If anyone else has a secret for getting this thing functional, please let me know.

Tomandsue, what did Amazon need in order to prove the device was purchased? I spoke to two representatives, and neither was able to lift the flag on my device.

I’m so sorry you’re having problems with your Tap. Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

I’ve already filled out the form, and the responses have been unsatisfactory to say the least. I should not have to go through the ridiculous hassle of exchanging a perfectly functional device that was incorrectly reported as “lost or stolen” when legally purchased. Based on the other user’s experience documented here, SOMEONE should be able to REMOVE that flag, so I can register and use the item I purchased.