Amazon Tap: Alexa-Enabled BT Speaker

I use it as a Tap- I have the all the time listening turned off. The sling works great to help find the talk button. It took a few tries to get it to recognize my hotspot but eventually it registered. So I can pick it up in the car, push the button, and it responds. Music seems to come and go but Audible works well.

I have owned this tap model for 4 years now and it has only worked the first 2 years. The Alexa no longer recognizes voice commands and charging pod stopped working after the first year. I would recommend their newer model.

Iā€™m guessing this would be great for my son whoā€™s going off to college next year - we have Prime so he can have all his music at his fingertips. In for 1 (weā€™re a Google home, otherwise Iā€™d buy 1 for myself as well).

Pretty sure the Tap only had one iteration and is now discontinued.

2 Likes

:fox_face: The Amazon Tap is Great for bike rides, too. Fits snuggly in the bottle holder which I never use because I prefer camel baks. Bluetooth connection and youā€™re all set.

1 Like

I do think the Tap is great as a portable speaker that connects to WIFI. Itā€™s the kidā€™s go to when it comes to an outdoor speaker when playing sports.

I have one of these for the bathroom for music only via Amazon Music. It does everything I want it to do. Great portable speaker, and Iā€™d readily take this with me if I needed it anywhere aside from the bathroom.

Mine came yesterday, I think ā€œlike newā€ would have been a better description. My box had clearly been opened and then taped back shut.

Been using it for a few days now.

Had heard it before at Best Buy, but some observationsā€¦

• It was shipped without an additional box - the ā€œretailā€ box was directly labeledā€¦ on the top and bottom since the original label was faded. The box flap was loose - not sealed. Luckily all contents survived.

• While the USB cable was loose like it had been used, the Tap itself was in ā€œnewā€ condition. And, as advertised, the battery was completely dead, requiring charging.

• While the sound blows away the Echo Dot, both in quality and loudness, it would not win awards for clear, clean sound. The sound is a bit muddy. As the original, sold by Amazon offer, I would return it if I had paid anything more than $50-60. But it remains a no-brainer at this Woot deal of $35.

• Very handy to carry around the house and it feels very solid.

• Hopefully it will be durable unlike some of the Amazon reviews.

• The docking charging base is handy, but if you wish to save energy, donā€™t leave the Tap on the base all the time since it uses a 9 Watt wall wort. No need to unplug the base since the consumption is only when the Tap is docked.

Hi there. Just a reminder about the note in the features. The packaging was expected to have some possible wear, dings, scratches, etc.

1 Like

My box was clearly opened, and item was clearly used (had damage to power button). Battery was DOA, and when fully charged didnā€™t last more than 40 minutes. Never was able to charge again and unit is a brick. Returning. Very disappointing.

Checked Walmart and no $5 right now. Currently you can get it for about just about $10 all in either Ebay or pcRichards.

1 Like

Amazon does have a Dot for the car now.

But has that ā€œDot for the carā€ finally been released? Seems to be taking foreverā€¦

That doesnā€™t excuse shipping the acknowledged damaged box unsealed tho!

1 Like

So I bought this a week ago, and it is dead now and there are no refunds. I will buy nothing from Woot in the future, and Iā€™d suggest you not do the same.

Youā€™d suggest we donā€™t not buy from Woot?

(Yay double negatives!)

But in all seriousness, (and assuming that you even end up seeing this,) did you explain to Woot CS that the product is dead?

Besides, this is covered by a 90 Day Woot Limited Warranty, soā€¦

1 Like

Hi there. I donā€™t see a contact from you in our CS system. If you received a defective Tap, we will definitely help you.

Please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Mine has been working just fine. It came in the regular Black Box, included the charger/cradle/cord. I havenā€™t tried the c/c/c since I already have a chargers set up, and donā€™t use the cradle since I put the Tap in a Sling case ā€“ just as I did with the other one I use.

It is upsetting that they shipped this in its own box with a shipping label right on the product box.

If that is how they are shipping it that is fine, but it should be made clear so you can decide if this is for you or not.

With the label on the product box and the product box suffering the trauma of shipping, it is not suitable for a gift.

Their customer service response was to just send feedback to the appropriate department.

Less than thrilled with this experience.

1 Like