Amazon + Woot Email issues

Hi there,

I signed up for Woot a while ago, and haven’t used it once because the account creation experience has been so frustrating. I saw others have success using the forums rather than support. I am hoping that this post will get my issue sent to your CS/IT department and resolved.

Note 1: I was told that skipping account linking would make it so I could never link my accounts. And I never clicked skip. However, I created my Amazon based account first, then opened another tab to create my Woot based account (so I would have something to link to) when I returned to the old tab to link the two accounts, it refreshed automatically, and Woot acted as though I had chosen to skip linking accounts. Now it seems like I’m stuck in some weird in-between of being linked, yet not being linked.

Note 2: I have used just about every combination of app, Chrome for Android, desktop mode, incognito mode, Chrome for Windows, etc. As I’m sure you can guess based off of the existence of this post, nothing worked.

What I want:

1. To link my accounts; preferably using the email associated with my Woot login rather than my Amazon login.
  2. Failing that, I would like the account associated with my Woot login deleted.
  3. Failing THAT, I would at least like to be able to change the email associated with my Amazon login to the one associated with my Woot login. Additionally, I would like to be able to change the Amazon login account’s username & profile picture.

Summary of issues:

• Woot account and Amazon account are NOT linked
    • Amazon and Woot account are using different email addresses, I suspect this is the issue; however, I cannot resolve this since attempting to change to the same email address gives me the error that an account associated with this email address already exists
    • If I go to email settings under profile, I am asked to log in. Doing so with Woot let’s me move on and change my email/username etc. Doing so with Amazon asks me to sign in a second time. If I repeat with Amazon, I’m in and can see the email fields. However, if I try to sign in with my Woot account, I get a message saying “Nice try” and failing to recognize my Woot account at all.
  • I was told that the account associated with ReidZ3 (my Woot account) was removed, but it was not
  • I get all kinds of error messages seemingly randomly
  • I cannot change the email address, username, OR Gravatar profile picture associated with either of my accounts
  • It seemed that at no point in time customer support understood my issues, what I was asking of them, nor how to help me
  • Side issue, at login if you enter an incorrect password, Woot tells you that the password was incorrect.
    • This is a MASSIVE security flaw since valid user email addresses can be scraped through a simple brute force algorithm.
    • Best practice is to leave ambiguity as to which is incorrect: “This is not a valid email address and password combination.” or the ilk.

Customer Support emails:

Hello,

I just discovered Woot. I logged in with Amazon, then saw that I could link a Woot account with my Amazon account, so I logged out and created a Woot account with the intention of linking the two. However, it seems that the option to link the two is no longer available after creating a Woot account through Amazon. If there is some way to do this that I am overlooking, please help me out. Otherwise, I am fine using the Amazon log-in account instead and deleting this account. Please let me know.

Best,
Reid Zimmerman

Hi,

I am sorry that you are not receiving your prime shipping benefits.

These are some troubleshooting steps we recommend to solve the issue:

NOTE: We recommend you use Google Chrome for linking the accounts. Also, we ask that you open up a web page in Incognito or Private mode and that should give you a fresh page free of cookies and then log in to your account.

1) On the Sign in page, click the Login with Amazon button

2) Use your Amazon login information on the pop-up window that opens.

3) Click the Okay button to provide Woot the required Amazon account information.

4a) If your Amazon and Woot email addresses are the same, enter your Woot account email and Woot account password and click ‘Link your Woot account’ to link your Amazon and Woot accounts.

4b) If they are different, you can still enter your Woot account email and password to link your Amazon and Woot accounts, or you can skip the account linking. Note that if you skip the account linking, you cannot link your accounts later.

Here is a pictorial representation of linking the accounts:
https://www.woot.com/blog/post/announcing-free-shipping-for-amazon-prime-members

Your account should be good to go! After the linking, to make sure you are receiving the Prime benefits on orders you make on Woot, you have to sign in using the “Login With Amazon” option every time.

If you don’t use the “Login with Amazon” option, it will not recognize your Prime status, even if you made a previous order where you received the free shipping benefits.

- If you are using the Microsoft Edge browser, and encountering issues logging into Prime, we ask that you switch browsers to Chrome or Firefox.

- If you’re having difficulties with your browsers, we ask that you open up a web page in Incognito or Private mode and that should give you a fresh page free of cookies to then log in to your account.

For any further questions, please let us know, and for more information about the new shipping benefits Woot customers with an Amazon Prime membership will receive, please visit the link below.

https://www.woot.com/prime

We’d appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for reaching out to me. I think it may be too late for me since I signed up with Amazon first and then Woot. This seems poorly thought out, and I hope it changes in the future.

In the meantime, can you please delete my account under the username of ReidZ3 as I have no use for two separate accounts?

Also, is there any way I can change my Amazon based Woot account’s username to something other than “Wooter185396828” as well as that account’s email address as I do not have access to whatever address Amazon created for my Woot account.

Thank you for your help.

Best,
Reid Zimmerman

Hello there,

We have disabled the account under the username: ReidZ3. your payment settings have been removed (if applicable).
For the username change:

We’re sorry, but user names cannot be changed once they have been created. You can create a new account, however. You’ll first need to change the e-mail address associated with your current account. We will then disable that account to allow you to create a new one with the same email address.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns and we’ll be happy to help.

We’d appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Saiteja

I know this is a crazy long post. I earnestly appreciate you taking the time to hear me out and help me with this bizarre issue.

Thanks,
Reid Zimmerman

@ThunderThighs, I’ve seen you help out others with similar issues. I’m hoping you can help me too.

(I don’t really know the etiquette on these forums, so I apologize if tagging you is frowned upon)

1 Like

Let me see what I can find out.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, ThunderThighs!! I really appreciate the help! Have you heard anything back yet?

Yes. Another CS rep emailed you on Monday asking you some questions.

1 Like

Ned Beatty Art GIF