AmazonBasics 100W A19 LED Bulbs, 24-Pack

AmazonBasics 100W A19 LED Bulbs, 24-Pack

Hello! I see that the led lights are non dimmable. I make extensive use of Lutron motion controlled light switches. Can these led lights be controlled by an electronic switch such as this? I have encountered some that won’t work with electronic switches.

Thanks for any assistance that can be provided.

Twenty four is a commitment. A dollar apiece almost qualifies as “too good to be true” but I guess it is possible. No idea how Lutron switches exert control, versus the power management circuitry in these bulbs…

(chewed on my first response a couple of times & was, like, “wait - what?”, so tweaked it I did).

This is all I could find on the Amazon page.

Why you gotta hate on California, Woot?

2 Likes

It’s a 24 pack, of 100 Watt equivalent bulbs lol
I thought the same thing at first glance

Hello all. Please stop with the inappropriate comments about California. As to why these can’t be sold there:

1 Like

What if I loaded up my El Camino with these here bulbs and lit out for Bakersfield, set up a roadside stand and sold $40 cups of lemonade with a free case o’ bulbs included?

I suspect you’d still be violating the California statute since you weren’t truly giving the led bulbs away for free.

Also, assuming you could get 100 cases in your El Camino, you could make $1400 minus the cost of the lemonade, the gas and wear and tear on your vehicle and your time. How many miles would you have to drive?

An El Camino wouldn’t make it.

I have purchased many brands of LED light bulbs that say “non-dimmable” but they still dim in my dimmers. The only time I had an issue with flickering when dimming was the early days of LED bulbs.

Amazon won’t ship them either. Maybe about 1/3 of light bulbs fall into that nope window. Hell, Amazon wouldn’t ship me liquid RIT dye either.

It makes me feel bad for Hawaii. When they say only in the continental states. I’m not even sure if that includes Alaska as well…

Has Alaska migrated to another continent? Why wasn’t I told?

Sorry, I don’t do yellow bulbs anymore. If you had 5K K, I would be on it like red ants on a dropped sno-cone.

Out of curiosity, where are you located? I read that people in northern climates tend to prefer warm light, and people in southern climates prefer cool light. We definitely fall into the “warm” category in this household… I’m looking at around 20 warm white downlights from my seat here. :slight_smile: We’re in the Philly area, so not quite New England, but definitely not Florida.

I think of it as an age thing. When I was younger, I liked the warm glow, “mood” lighting. Now that I’m older, I need bright :high_brightness: so that I can see what the hell I’m looking at, lol.

That’s interesting. I’ve never been a fan of the yellow glow from old bulbs but I don’t mind the warmer LED lights. I do tend the prefer the cold white ones, though, depending on the situation. I live in Oregon, so it’s north but not the traditional “oh my god it’s freezing, my body parts are falling off, and I might die” kind of north.

Interesting… age wise, I’m the opposite. When I was a kid (like 14+) I wanted the brightest, whitest thing available. Our house had very old fixtures and I expressed an interest so my dad let me go to the hardware store and buy what I needed to fix them up. I put in the then-new “daylight” fluorescent tubes in all the old 60s fixtures, fixed ballasts, etc. CFLs weren’t a thing yet, but I discovered halogens, which produced a much brighter white light. Miraculously, I did not set fire to the house despite having no electrical training - just tons of blown fuses (yes, actual screw-in fuses).

Now I’m “warm white” all the way. Doesn’t matter what it is: Christmas lights, down lights, etc. Hell, I even swapped out the cool white LED in my dollar store solar lights! :slight_smile:

The nice thing about LEDs is that you can get as much brightness as you need, irrespective of the color. And I do like brightness. As you say, old eyes…

One thing I definitely don’t like is dim cool LEDs. They look… ghastly or something. Like trying to light a room with a laptop display. For dimming lights, I make sure the LEDs get redder as they dim, like old-fashioned tungsten lamps. Phillips makes a “warm glo” series that work very well. I put one in side-by-side with a tungsten lamp and could not tell the difference. I thought I was biased so I asked my wife and she couldn’t tell either.

I’m in Greer SC in the Upstate. Yellow Lights just make my house look dark and dim. I was at IKEA in Charlotte on Monday. Tons of yellow light bulbs. No daylight bulbs at all.