AmazonBasics 4K HDMI Cable 5-Pack (10ft or 6ft)

AmazonBasics 4K HDMI Cable 5-Pack (10ft or 6ft)

1 Like

Bought a 5pk of the 10ft cables. They don’t work at all with my Xbox One X, which I have hooked to an HDMI 2.0 port on my TV in 1440p/VRR mode.

2 Likes

Hi, so sorry to hear that. Please contact Woot CS. From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

1 Like

Is this a micro-USB or a micro-C to HDMI?

1 Like

Sorry, it’s not. It’s a HDMI port on both ends

1 Like

Did anyone suggest swapping which-end-connects-to-what, to see if they MAY be kinda “directional”? I’ve seen that before - didn’t make LOTS of sense, but supposedly the wires may run thru holes in a ferrite plate on one end of the cable and not the other, or somesuch… that can reduce certain kinds of noise, usually by being on the end more-likely to be DRIVING the signals.

2 Likes

NOT sure what they mean by “cable’s built-in Ethernet” – doesn’t make sense unless they are talking about how some portion of the HDMI wiring meets an Ethernet spec - which isn’t anything THEY can take credit for…

1 Like

“Saggier” HDMI cables (measured specs “not as tight” as they could be) can have issues with cable length at higher bandwidths. Even with good specs, the 10’ length might just be stretching how much it can handle of your signal needs… just because it SAYS “4K” doesn’t mean it PLAYS 4K.

Glad I checked in, and then double-checked my order history - I have a five pack of ten-foot cables already that I haven’t used yet, so now I’m going to wait (highly likely this deal will come around again).

1 Like

Yeah I do know that some cables are directional (usually they will have arrows on them indicating such, but you never know LOL). Anyway, I tried both directions on multiple cables - no go.

I also tried them on a few TVs with Roku Ultras attached, and the dreaded HDCP error returned. These cables are HDMI 2.0 and shouldn’t have a problem on the Roku.

I may have gotten a bad batch, who knows. Woot CS kindly refunded my money.

Yeah, HDMI 1.4 spec added HEC (HDMI Ethernet Channel) which allows connected devices to share a wired 100Mbit Ethernet connection over the same HDMI cable.

2 Likes

Nice! Learned something. Amusing how their copy sounded like they were taking credit for something…

Yeah, with a five-pack you had a decent sample size for “NOT just a one-off failure”…