Amcor 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner

You know… People like me in CA and FL will love this… Then again we already have A/c. But I wonder if this could be modded or overclocked to cool a computer of some kind…

i want one but i’ll need to discuss with my roommate

can woot delay shipping until i move into college? lol

haha thats a pretty big a/c, i wonder what kinda energy that thing uses

I guess I could complete my mini data center with this…

I mean really woot… June would have been a better time…

Did work in a house that had one of these to cool hid enclosed lanai. kept it at 74 nicely on a 98* day. Its still hot here in florida.

This is a good deal, even before rebate. A 8k or 10k BTU unit I bought a year ago was ~$350 from the local Home Depot. Just watch out with the exhaust hose, it may not fit right in the tilt-out windows, and you will have to empty the water every day probably, sometimes more than once a day if it’s really humid

They still costs $499 plus in stores. I got my cheapo one from Home Depot for $239 and it’s only 8000 BTU. $199 after rebate? I would pounce on this

Froogled

$329.99 on Shop.com

Oh yeah. Track Woot wants one of these.

Check out price grabber links, etc.

Track Woot Checker - Price Grabber, Amazon & Froogle Links!

Maybe it’s the last week of 100+ days (and 80-90 nights), but DO WANT.

Good deal.

Unfortunately, portable air conditioners aren’t worth a damn.

Some reviews to help make your decision-- appears fairly positive!

How Stuff Works

Amazon

Will continue checking…

I just bought an AC damn it! Of course I live in a 600 Sq. ft. house so this is too much for me. Sorry woot I won’t need this today. Maybe they’ll ship this in the recent BOC. (Okay I doubt it.) :wink:

costco has the same brand but only 12,000 BTU for $399.00 after a rebate.

It really is very tempting… we’re still having 80-90 degree days in Michigan… so…

Great! Now I can be cool in the winter too!!

Finally a woot that I want, about time! Let me tell you that an 8,000 BTU would cost about $450.00 so this unit is a steal fot the price. This wont last long, I bought one within the first 30 seconds, Thanks Woot, you just made my day!

I bought a similar unit and returned it the next day because in order to work the unit has to suck air from the room and vent it out a window. So basically you are sucking in warm air either from outside or another warm room that replaces that air with outside air. Also, you have to empty a water bucket every day or the unit shuts off and you come home to a hot room. These things are a waste of money.

where the hell was this beginning of summer, can this thing be modded to spit out heat?

Still 14,000 BTU this cheap. Nice for those who plan to plant it during the hot season, And easy to store when it gets cold.