America Stories of War - 36 DVDs

I hope you contacted customer service! I’m sorry about the shipping problem. :frowning:

I really have this thing about war and war movies… But that would make an awesome lunch box.

Please pass along: Happy Birthday sir and thank you for your service.

I tried to buy this for my wife during two Woot-offs probably a year and a half ago. Glad to see a third chance come up again.

I’d buy this for my dad’s birthday, except that I think my mother would never forgive me.

If you aren’t interested in the 50 war movies (which I certainly am not), you can get the 24 discs of documentaries cheaper from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/America-Stories-War-Various/dp/B001E67VGA/

If you buy directly from Amazon you’ll have to wait a couple weeks for it to be back in stock, but you’ll save $15 over what you’d pay here and with the Smartpost shipping, may actually get them faster too.

that has to be among the longest WOOT offering scroll bars ever…Idaho likes this WOOT, since my folks live there I should get them one :wink:

Ditto that.

Bought 2 for $44.98 1 is 24.99 with shipping if you have no tax, it’s still a great deal.

Will make a good Xmas gift for a war junkie friend… just have to remember where I put it 10 months from now…

Anyone know if the documentaries have closed captioning?

EDIT: old sellout.woot poster says no:

http://sellout.woot.com/Forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=3324839&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=75#post3324905

Great collection. Got it last time.

Happy Birthday from California, Pops!

If you buy this for yourself, I imagine you begin a lot of your stories with, “Back in my day…”

Me too. I lost my dad back in '99 so it is rare I get to thank a WWII veteran.

Too bad this won’t arrive in time for Valentine’s day. Yeah, it’s a weird Valentine gift, but trust me, my husband will like this a whole lot more than golf clubs or more tools for the grill. When we vacation, we always go to see WWII junk, and this set will bring back happy memories for him (as I roll my eyes and go look at the latest entries in the shirt derby). When we went to Belgium, other people spent a day in Romantic Bruges - and we went to see all the bunkers the Germans built on the Atlantic Wall. In Egypt, we didn’t go to the pyramids on our one day there - we went to the Al Alamein War museum. And so on. This set of videos will get me nominated for Wife of the Decade, but I will have to figure out an appropriate time to present it. All suggestions will be considered.

You mean Uncle Sam never delivered you any Uncle Sam?

I’d point your finger at Uncle Sam like Uncle Sam points at you!

Oh so now they’re doing Woot-Offs without the flashing lights and the progress bar now.

1 Like

Happy Birthday to your dad! My dad is going to be 89 this year and served in the USAF in WWII. I grew up hearing war stories. I think I might pick this up for him.

With, apparently, 3 movies that are Italian and 1 each that are Mexican and Spanish, “America Stories of War” doesn’t seem to apply to the complete set.

However, I’m in for 1. Or maybe 2. A friend would like the parts about the war in the Pacific.