American Idol Season 7 Thread...

…because he lives in his CAR!

And he cries on cue.

…with real tears every time.

Noone is posting here… too bad. I’ll wait before spoilers, but… surprising.

I’m with you all. That kid was the pits. I’m glad he didn’t make it through. He was probably faking the whole time anyways. Is it bad of me to say that? Probably, but oh well. I like this group they got for the top 24.

I usually don’t watch this step, but I agree with you that the kids in this group for the most part are pretty darned talented. I am glad that a lot of the novelties got their time, advanced far, but eventually were sorted out. I disagree with the last male decision though.

I have never seen or heard the dreadlocked white guy, but I’m gonna vote for him based on looks alone. White guys with dreadlocks RULE!

Yeah, if he makes it far, the AI folks are gonna kick themselves for not featuring him more during the early stages.

That Danny Norriega kid is gonna go far. Teenage girls love voting for the feminine boys with great voices.

Starting to worry about my Danny Norriega prediction after tonight. But if he makes it through this week, I think he’s a shoe in for the final four, maybe five. I think.

The girls tonight were absolutely brutal. I hope they change the rules and take 8 guys and 4 girls for the main event. Hehe.

Anyways, no one’s responding, so i guess I’m the only Idol fan around here. Oh well, I’ll update the thread on my own, I guess.

Not all of them. I found a few that impressed me from a technical standpoint, and two that I decided to vote for (Alaina and Brooke). There are several others I will wait to see whether they break out and surprise folks (like the nurse and the tattooist), but they probably won’t make it more than half-way.

There were at least 4 girls however that will be really lucky if they are still in the competition next week. The same is true for the guys though. A couple just aren’t in the same league with the middle of the pack, and a few stand out as potential stars.

Those sent home tonight were not a surprise to me at all. (I won’t spoil it for the left coast folks though …)

Yeah. They got it exactly right as far as I was concerned. So far so good. Who do we think is going to be out next week? I’m at least voting for that yeager guy.

All this hype around that David A. kid is gonna backfire on them, in my opinion. But I DO believe he’s the best by a mile. I hope he lasts.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=114&sid=1356672

That story is definitely interesting, but I hope the voters don’t care. I certainly don’t. D. Hernandez is a great singer. Aside from the weird eyebrow movements he puts on while performing, I think he’s a solid contender.

I hope Katy Malloy get’s the boot. And I reeeeally wish Amanda would get tossed. Just cuz she’s horrible, but for some reason, the judges like her. I think they’re more concerned with her “look” rather than her voice. I can tell you right now, that girl can’t sing a lick. Yuck. But she’ll end up in the top 5. Just cuz.

Oh well. Long live Danny Noriega.

I had hopes for Kady, cause she has an actual personality otherwise and has shown she can sing, but for some reason, she just hasn’t done it. Oh well. She’ll grow up and get somebody’s attention a few years from now.

Amanda is probably limited in what styles she can do, but the world might just have room for another smokey-voiced hard rocking chick. Probably couldn’t win without repeating the Rubin fiasco though. (Seriously, what has he done since he won?)

Ramaile Malubay is probably living on borrowed time, unless she steps it up a bit, but I don’t think she can win. Same with Kristy Lee Cook.

I was very impressed with Brooke White and Carly Smithson last night.

I wonder what the story is with Danny wearing Ramaile’s glasses last night. The kid is a hoot though. Can’t win, but he’s an interesting character. “What-evah…”

The serious talent amongst the guys are both named David. Cook could trounce Archuleta, but probably only if Archuleta crumbles under the strain (doubtful), or Cook brings out a Daughtry moment or two that can’t be overcome.

That would be a seriously kick-ass finale though … David Cook versus Carly Smithson as the final two. By that point, they’d both have pulled out all the stops.

I’m not a fan nof the Irish girl at all. And I’m sooo sad that Danny got the boot. I think Ramielle might ride her cuteness all the way to the end for the upset over the David’s. I really think she can do it, and I’m fine with that. I like her style a lot.

Anyone wanna do an A.I. Final 12 Pool?