American Samurai

shirts are slightly on the thin side, but the sizes are pretty true to life…

thin like a undershirt!

you men with manboobs need a bra

Great Design. Like the colors and the art style. No words were needed, but the key on the sword that was a must. I am surprised no one has commented on that sweet topknot our fore-father is kicking.

As for the woot shirt sizes a bit on the small side.

i’m in for the monkey tee.

I feel that they should have called it “Benjamin Kanobe” or something, cause his sword looks like a light saber than a samurai sword…

I still fail to see why anyone would be offended that Woot offered more size options… how exactly does this hurt you? American Apparel offers a 3x (which is a standard 2x), and Woot should offer it. Wearing a 2x-3x doesn’t mean you are fat, it could also mean you are 6’4’’ and like to wear your shirts looser and lower. And if anyone is wearing a 2x-3x because he or she is fat, it is none of your farking business. Do you post on insulin message boards because you think companies shouldn’t cater to diabetics?

Funny picture, but not something I’d want to be seen wearing in public. Looks like something from the Cartoon Network - I’d consider buying this if I were 12 years old again.

awesome shirt, my first shirt.woot shirt (excluding the launch T). Bring on more like tees like this. Also how about maybe a few longsleeves in the future?

Looks to me like he’s charging it with lightning power for an upcoming battle. Nice colors, but I don’t think I’d actually wear it.

It’s interesting that so many have said that the woot t-shirts fit on the small side. Granted I’ve only ordered one so far, but I ordered a Large (as I do for all my t-shirts) and it’s a VERY roomy large. I own a lot of other t-shirts that are also Large and they range from tight to roomy – my Sore Thumbs shirt from woot is definitely roomy (and it’s been through wash/dry cycle).

The curved blade makes it look more like a katana than a lightsaber. Plus the knot-top makes it even more obvious, IMO

Random trivia: George Lucas, inspired by Kurosawa’s Seven Samurai, modeled Darth Vader and the Jedis after samurai warriors. So the two aren’t all that different, really. If this shirt would’ve only come out 30 years sooner, the artist could’ve sued George Lucas for copyright infringement.

My first shirt.woot! shirt – I just hope that, when wearing it, I am not mysteriously drawn to stand out in a thunderstorm, holding a samurai sword into the sky and waiting for my own personal lightning bolt!

Yes! First Woot shirt! I got a large. I assume it’ll fit.
Edit:
Wow, that text filter really sucks. I mean, I’m all for kitschy gimmicks, but I really don’t like being caught saying catchphrases like “epic lulz.”

Nice shirt, if they had it in my size I might buy one.

I generally find the one’s I’ve ordered to be a bit smaller than other shirts in the same size. As for shrinking in the wash… if you follow the directions on the tag, they seem to come out just fine.

they are setting us up to buy a shirt that says

epic lulz

I’m quite surprised no one has made a highlander comment.

It looks to me as if old Ben has tested his theories on lightning after beheading a rival immortal.

Back door to all w00t! Tees (so far…). NOTE: Price is always $15, not $10, on ‘second chance’ orders.

2nd chance orders available AFTER MIDNIGHT of the day originally offered.

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=NNNN

For NNNN, use these product ID’s

3618 = WOOT Launch

3622 = Sore Thumbs
3625 = Robot Service
3627 = The Must-See Comedy Shirt of the Summer
3629 = Sea Chimp
3630 = Threat Level: Doctorow

3633 = This Here Is My Unicorn-Shootin’ Gun
3637 = Word Problem
3640 = Rat Rod
3642 = Nobody’s Perfect
3643 = Cube One

3645 = Sci-Fi Weenie Roast
3650 = Scales & Bubbles
3656 = Too Hungry
3657 = The Rustic
3658 = Dead Heat (but for this special deal, the usual number code won’t work)
…there is a separate link for each of the two shirts
…for ‘NNNN’ use the shirt name ‘UnhappyMeeting’ or ‘SnowmenInHeat’

3664 = American Samurai

Hah, I love it! Also a native Philadelphian here, and it’s my duty to get one… hilarious!

Fellow wooters,

Do the women’s Ts have the same feel as the men’s?

Would the women’s small be an okay size for a 10 year old?

Thanks!