American Science and Surplus ... Where the Surplus Woot Writers Go ...

I have been ordering from this company - American Science and Surplus - since I was a kid decades ago. Way back then, all we had were paper catalogs :open_mouth: I know… right? Anyway, I was browsing through their latest paper catalog (yes, some companies still produce those things!) and it dawned on me… This must be where all of the Woot Writer overflow goes … Their catalog is filled with the craziest line drawings of their products along with write-ups that would make Woot proud! If you are the least bit interested in anything sciencey or surplusy or zaney… go take a look at their site. But to get the full effect, you really need to request a paper catalog through the mail. Y’all do remember how paper works, right?

1 Like

Heh, looks like fun N41

This site kinda reminds me a little of Think Geek, only better.

What were those techie type catalogs that used to have really descriptive, story type write-ups on each fancy “military” watch and such? It’s been a minute…It was what? …like 30 years ago? I can’t remember.

1 Like

Yeah… I miss ThinkGeek, too.

I’m not sure about that one. I don’t remember that one. If you think of it, let me know.

1 Like

DAK, maybe? They had full write-ups for every product back then.

2 Likes

THAT’S IT! THANKS NARF!

2 Likes

Oh, OK… I remember seeing those ads in old electronics magazines.

3 Likes

They had GLORIOUS catalogs!

2 Likes