Ameriqual Disaster Relief Heater Meals

Ameriqual Disaster Relief Heater Meals

I was really hoping this was a box of crap. For $100 it could be AMAZING!

3 Likes

How do they last forever when UNWRAPPED?

In the form of a bowel obstruction.

But in all seriousness: I am happy to attest their edible-ness as I’ve consumed more than my body weight of their A-packs. Given the choice of an easy to pack and eat flavorful entree for $8 and change… well, I’m actually shocked that this hasn’t sold out yet.

12 Likes

Are these like self heating MREs?

These heaters don’t work for shit. Also, it kinda of messed up that they only have one picture, that you cannot enlarge, it makes me feel like Woot is trying to make bank during a pandemic.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with the heaters?

Amazon isn’t shipping things until the 2nd or 3rd week of April seemingly due to the pandemic panic buying, so when can we expect these orders to ship?

Hey, made in my town. They make decent MREs.

1 Like

I’m confused. Well… that’s an ongoing thing for me, but in this case in particular. So it says you get 12 meals. The description lists six “menus” with 19 different entree options. So what is this? An MRE mystery box?

They said unwrapped, not opened. Each item is individually sealed, so the box can be broken down into meals or all the meals unwrapped and items sorted to taste without compromising their shelf life.

I don’t know about this brand, but the meals I bought five years ago had very similar looking heaters and they worked. I wouldn’t say they heated my food in “minutes” unless they meant 15-20 minutes. But they do get hot! Definitely burned my mouth on a few meals when I wasn’t being careful. My meals also did not come with the water for the heaters, these say they do. Doesn’t sound like a big deal until you realize you forgot H2O and are now eating cold goo. Trust me, eating warm goo is waaaay better than cold goo.

1 Like

More explanation is needed to insure what it is one is getting for a C note.

It’s a random 12 pack of MREs, how much more info do you need?

You get an entree, a side, crackers or a small piece of bread, some sort of spread whether it’s PB or jelly, maybe cheese if you’re un/lucky, a cookie, and some candy.

It could be Chicken Chunks, Macaroni and Chili, Veggie Omelet, Chicken a la King, or 15 other varieties nobody remembers without looking them up.

1 Like

Is it weird that they all come with tortillas? Even chicken noodle?

1 Like

the Skittles make it worth the C-note !

for the first time in my life I’d rather have Miller Light than Corona

Is there a general manufacture date for these?

The pack date for these MREs is 1/23/19. MREs do not have an expiration date. They have an inspection date and a pack date. The Inspection date is three years after the pack date, and the inspection date is the date the Military inspects the cases during long term storage to verify they are still fit for consumption. Manufacturers suggest that meal contents are good for approximately 5 or more years when stored at room temperature. Meals stored in cooler temperatures stay fresh longer. Always store your MRE’s in a climate controlled area.

They may not “expire” per say, but MREs absolutely have a shelf life. Varies wildly depending on how they are stored.

https://www.mreinfo.com/mres/mre-shelf-life/

Agreeed - that is what the statement I made regarding storage and when they are checked. Thanks for sharing more information!