Amoré Ardente Somemoré

if you dont like it I’ll pay for the bottle you tried and take the rest off your hands, this is a great wine for the price.

that looks like a quality post to me but I don’t have any so what do I know ?
I know I have approx 20 Ardente cabs of various vintages and have enjoyed every one I have had tried and so have my wine drinking buddies. Great QPR I’ll be maxing out and telling my buddies to order up.

kylemittskus,

My initial reply was intended for Mibuwolf83, not you. I was quickly replying while waiting to board my airplane and made an error. Sorry about that!!

As far as 96 vs 97 - honestly, I don’t know which one I like better since I’ve never consumed them side by side. I still might do a vertical tasting tomorrow night. I’ll keep y’all posted…

Ah - Ardente. Down to 2 of each vintage - time to add a few more '97s.

Makes me think I should by more.

Nate, good thing you stocked up. :slight_smile:

based on the post this could be an early sell out, don’t wait folks

Screw this, I wrote a pretty full review twice and twice the ipad lost it. Short version: 97 was thin to no body, some rose/floral and light fruit, no aftertaste. Not unpleasant, but definitely wouldn’t buy again. 01 and 02 were good, so I’d be curious about the newer vintages.

Last Wooter to Woot:fredrinaldi

1. 6 pack + 1) 3 pack of the 97

Buy early folks

Hey Grey: did you try one bottle of the '97 or more and if more were they all thin?
Hey Fred: I know you’ve posted abouting have had alot of these. Did you find the '97 to be thin?

Not at all, just bought 3 more.

I didn’t either. I really want to grab 3 more but I don’t think I can.

How funny went to put a bottle in the cooler for tonigh and low and behold were 2 2006 bottles already in, so I guess I have 39,

I tried at least 2. I bought three of the 97, 01, 02 vertical a while back, and I don’t have any of the 97 left, so I think I maybe gave the third away? Can’t remember, but I definitely wasn’t a fan (I appear to be in the minority on that one).

Nothing against the winery, of course, like I said I quite enjoyed the 01 and 02, and am debating the six pack on the off chance that the 96 is better than the 97 (though I’ll probably go with one each of the newer vintages, which will actually cost less for the same amount of juice)…

Bought before…but no NY now…Sucs gonna dump woot emails
too frustrating!

Just curious because I had a bottle of the 97 sent to me for trying just before the first time it was offered. That bottle I think was flawed because the fruit was stewy. After the reviews on this and other posts I’m thinking about getting 3.

IIRC, there were some bad bottles as described by you and greyday from the original offer.

I’ve only tried the '02 but it was excellent. One of the best Cabs I’ve ever had under $30.

That’s a good problem to have…

The 97 is not at all thin. We had a tasting tonight and opened up 7 bottles of wine, three of which were Ardente (1997, 2002, 2006). I’ll post notes tomorrow.