AMW 10.2" Portable DVD Player

AMW 10.2" Portable DVD Player
$189.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 AMW DVD player w/10.2" screen - pearl casing

Woot Off-
TV Speakers, TV Cables, RC Car, Coffee Maker, LCD Monitor, DigiCam, Treat Maker, DVD Player…

Here is a quick summary of the WOOT-OFF so far:

Start Quantity
12:00 AM 600 Mystery Brand 6 Piece 100 watt Speaker Set
12:08 AM 200 Monster Big Screen TV Kit
12:49 AM 50 Nikko 1/14 Scale Lancer Evo High Performance R/C Car
12:57 AM 20 Beyond Smart Mill & Brew Coffee Maker
1:06 AM 18 HP F1903 19 inch LCD Monitor
1:13 AM 70 Vivitar Vivicam 8.1MP Digital Camera
2:12 AM 70 Cook‘s Essentials Chocolate Treat Maker
2:18 AM 100 Saitek 104-Key Eclipse Keyboard - Special Night-Vision Red Edition

I wouldn’t buy this… had AMW portable DVD player before, and the build quality on mine was garbage.

has there ever been a Bride of Chucky during a Woot-Off?

about $230 on Froogle

Damn now maybe we can cont our Lost discussion…

About those symbols tell me more…

$199 on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009RMGTC/102-9381671-3915328?SubscriptionId=1WRZ6GX9MN1DZPCHM6R2&n=172282

I bought one the first time around. THESE ARE NOT VERY GOOD. They function, but the widescreen is definitely a gimmick. Movies STRETCH TO FIT THE SCREEN. THEY ARE NOT PLAYED IN TRUE WIDESCREEN.

Other than that, it’s not a bad woot at all. But remember, buyer beware…

I have a 15" laptop that plays DVDs just fine. No thanks, woot.

eew, being a film theorist that just sickens me, theres GOTTA be a way to fix that

feel bad for the 24 people who bought these:\ fake widescreen, ick, shivvers thats the only good idea from hollywood since sound(and sound ditn even COME from hollywood, one could argue that widescreen only came from cinerama which i dunno where that started)

If there’s a way to fix it, I really want to know about it. It’s annoying as hell.

It’s more than likely the “stretched” image problem you’re referring to is caused by the actual video feed from disc being encoded in 4:3 aspect ratio as opposed to 16:9 (which is native widescreen). Of course, there’s a simple menu option to press to “un-stretch” that display.

Talk about an item putting the brakes on. I think I’ll go paint the hallway now.

Got mine earlier today, about what I expected. Quality is as good as everyone else’s, remote is handy, and menu is standard.

In regards to widescreen being a gimmick, that is true. If you have a widescreen DVD, it is okay, but full screen, it is still stretched to widescreen. On some DVD players if you force the screen to PS, it will have black bands on either side. I cannot do that with this.

One could always connect and external TV and watch fullscreen with no distortion. After connecting the video out cable, use the remote to enter SETUP -> General Setup Page -> Tv Display -> then you have one of three options: (a) Normal/Ps (b) Normal/Lb and (c) Wide. Depending on the disk you have, these settings should work.

Battery life was longer than one two hour movie, I am happy.

Thanks Tuco, bummer about the wide screen.

mine hasn’t shipped, blah.

Thanks Tuco, bummer about the wide screen.

mine hasn’t shipped, blah.