An Inevitable Fate

Congrats wirdou! This is a great pick, I don’t think we’ve ever considered LotR from the ring’s point of view before. :smiley:

So, no gold ink on this?

Thank you Spirit!:smiley: I didn’t use gold ink, as it was just an option. It was a personal choice, as I’m not a huge fan of metal inks :wink:

He’s just holding it European-style. Note the origin of the artist.

Woohoo been wanting this shirt since the first derby it was in! Congrats Wirdou!

Is there a cure for shirt addiction? I need one fast!

The scripting above the book look’s like chest hair.

If you look at LOTR from the point of view of the Ring, it’s a very sad story.

The Ring has such limited powers and tries so hard and waits so long and almost succeeds and ends up melted in lava. All its beautiful wickedness!

You’ve met with a terrible fate, haven’t you?

I always find the sales map interesting, and sometimes downright humerous! And I love the commentaries. Particularily good one this time! Love the shirt, of course, but with the commentary, it’s that much better!

Felicidades wirdou!!

For the longest time, I thought the ring’s mouth was its nose. It made no sense until the Ah Ha moment.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24437089.jpg

ONly if the book is published in the US or UK. Books published in France (and perhaps other countries too?) have words going up the binding instead of down.

I used to be able to read and write in Tengwar script. I’ve forgotten it all now, and would have to go look it up to find out whether the designer was actually SAYING something here. (Or I suppose we could just ask the designer?)

Me too! It looked like he was happily reading the book, which is kind of funny in its own way, but makes a lot more sense now that I can see it correctly.

Is he reading the part where Gollum is the possessive, bad boyfriend?

Speed to First Woot: 0m 49.441s
First Sucker: BShocked
Last Wooter to Woot: jdwuest
Last Purchase: a few seconds ago
Order Pace: 1m 20.118s
Woots Sold: 1173

First day sales 1173

A few months ago I did a quick check and discovered I had bought over 50 Woot shirts - some as gifts, but most for myself. I told myself the same thing - stop buying Woot shirts. Four shirts later, I am still telling myself “slow down”…

Except the spine of the book the ring is reading is going the opposite direction of the books in the stack.

As far as I’m concerned, the nerd cred was lost when he wasn’t reading The Silmarillion.