An Ode to Gertrude Stein

What you just read was an ending. This is the beginning. It is that beginning. This is the end; and this is not the end. This is not the middle. It is the end. It is the end of the beginning. Every beginning ends, and some end more than once. This beginning is this ending.
This is the beginning. This is not that which is that beginning, but the beginning which is the beginning to be. It has begun. This is the beginning and also the middle, but it is not the end. This is the end. This is the end. This is the end.
This is not the end, but this is one end. It is the end of the beginning, but not that beginning. This is the end, and also the beginning. This is that which has a beginning a middle and an end, and these are they. This is the beginning. This is the middle. And this is the end. And this is the end.
This is the end, but it is only a beginning. Every ending begins, and some begin more than once. This ending is this beginning.
I have begun. I have ended. I have never middled.
Each middle has a beginning and an ending, and some beginnings have a middle, and some endings have a middle. But I have still never middled.
I have begun and I have ended. I have ended more than once per beginning. I have begun each ending. This can be a beginning. This can be a middle. This can be an end.
This is ending. This is beginning. This is most certainly not middling. This is much more than middling.
The ending will not come until after the beginning. And the beginning cannot come until after the ending. The middle cannot middle until the beginning has begun, but the middle must middle before the ending has ended. In fact, the middle cannot middle until the beginning has ended, and the middle cannot middle after the ending has begun.
This is the end. This is the beginning. This is the middle. This is the end. This is the end.
I don’t know how this ending will begin. I don’t know when this ending will begin. I don’t know what this ending will begin. But it has begun. It began when it ended. And it ended, but that wasn’t the end. This is the end. This is not the end, because it is the beginning, but this is the end. This is the end.

The end.

The middle.

The beginning.

The beginning, middle, and end.

The end.

The end of this beginning, and the beginning of some other end.

But if you think about it, this is a middle.

THE MIDDLE