Andretti Winery Chardonnay - Six Pack

boooooo! real men don’t drink chardonnay… do the andretti’s manke a zin or a pinot??

can’t believe i gotta wait until monday for the next round :o(

This is way too good to pass up, you’re right in for a case-now where to put it - both wine refrigs and cabinet are full. We are mostly red drinkers at our house but that will change for awhile. A couple of weeks of Indian Summer would be nice about now.

What an unbelievable deal! I can give these out as hostess gifts for all the upcoming holiday parties and I can spend less than $7 per bottle. I’m in. Thanx wine.woot.

Well, I personally love a good chard. Don’t have any experience with this brand, but for the price I’m in for two. I don’t expect it to be a rock star but if it turns out to be a good daily drinker I’ll be pleased. It’ll keep me out of the rack looking for Cakebread and Chateau St Jean.

I assume the labrats for this went out with the first batch earlier this week? Would like to hear one chime in!

edit: if there will be rats for this, will begging help??

Also, what was this aged in? I can’t find any info on the website.

Perfect timing! I wanted to order some whites as Yule approaches for gifts! The price point can’t be beat. Also, we had a tasty Coppola Chardonnay at the Connecticut wine tasting last Saturday, which is making me want to revisit a varietal I haven’t really drank in years. (PS, thanks for the awesome Woot Cellars tapenades, winefarm and WineDavid). In for at least one, hoping for labrattery so I may up to two if I like it!

How about a sixer of pinot noir next?!?!

Hey L, didn’t we just talk about this in the pub yesterday?

On a serious note, here’s your T-day wine. This’ll please all your white drinkers that are coming over and not cost you hardly anything. The deal, she calls to me…

I’m in for one. Love Chardonnay and great as gifts

My first Wine-Woot!
Great deal for 2 cases.
This will make great gifts for the office staff.

Thanks guys.

I lit Wyoming up! One for me, five for gifts or two for me and four for gifts.

Have a nice day!

http://cawinespot.typepad.com/wine/2007/05/andretti_2004_c.html

It will take just a wee bit of creativity to get 2 cases, though.

You and your infernal spreadsheet! I almost was able to resist. No need for the third column, though, as you noted.

Poor little Chardonnay.
It still gets such a bad rap these days due to all that over oaked, MLF California stuff from days past.
IMHO, most producers in the region have reversed this trend and are making cleaner, crisper more Chablis styled wines that really show what Chardonnay in the region can do… at least the ones I’ve been lucky to stumble across lately coming out of the Golden State.

Curious to see if this one of them. It doesn’t say on the website how much or which oak this has seen.

Are we going to hear from the winery this week?

I mean, geez, you can’t beat the price even just to try it out and see.

EDIT: Not a lot of reviews but came across this one for the 2004 from Cigar-Review.com:
Mario Andretti’s Italian roots come out in this food-friendly take on California Chardonnay. An appreciation for good wine sparked the former race-car champion’s interest in owning a winery about ten years ago, and from a base in Napa he and his partners have gone on to make wine from vineyards across the state. The light golden color tells you that this is no over-oaked monster, and the nose and mouth agree: peaches and cream. It’s medium-to-full bodied, with mild acidity - a gentle wine.

I just ordered a case and cannot wait to get my wine. I know many people say Chardonnay is too dry, but I find it crisp and refreshing. I have not yet tried this one, but as soon as I get my case I will be uncorking one to try. This is one heck of a deal. These bottles sell for about $21 each on the Andretti Winery Site, so getting a case for $85 (including shipping) is a steal. These would make one heck of a Christmas or Hostess gift too.

cmon folks, i thought the zahtila chard was pretty good…so did the women folk in my house…cannot beat the price…ergo…im in for one…i must admit i am bummed that we did not see a gun bun white offering…sigh…what happend WD?

correction - 1 full case - i was referring to two 6-packs as two cases…

Description from the winery website:
“Perfect for every fall and winter occasion, this Chardonnay opens with a soft aromatic nose of white peaches, honey and rich vanilla bean. Medium-bodied with slight butter and hints of toasty oak and honeysuckle, this wine contines to be nicely balanced with a full, yet smooth mouth feel that delivers a long, well-structured finish.
Wonderful for pairing with cool-weather fare, it’s exceptional with a wide variety of fish including scallops, roasted poultry and meats or a lively risotto.”

And I was just saying last night, “man, I need more every-day whites”

I thought the Z was fantastic! I’m not getting my hopes up that this is the same caliber, but for the price I’m willing to give it a whirl.

Let Jopo buy it!!!