Angry Birds Plush Pencil Toppers

The idea was sound Woot, but you allowed people to guess far too early. Suggestion for next round (or maybe another woot-off), make it tougher to cheat the game by adding in some special characters, or a little blurb at the end that people can’t guess or code for easily. Even something as simple as an extra /YouWillNeedThisToScoreA_BOC at the end, in the bottom corner of the map.

Why couldn’t they just wait to link up the buy page until the final clue was given?

That was a colossal mess. I wonder how many people have scattered inages on their computer and a lump of coal in their heart now.

Hilarously poor form.

saw these at walgreens today on clearance for 1.00 hehe

How many of us wasted hours today waiting for the map pieces and enjoying this only to have it lead to nothing?
Servers crashing and being unable to get BOC is one thing, this has made me lose a lot of respect for Woot.

I’m the guy that is the “first sucker”, which I think means I got the first bag. I DID NOT get it 8 hours early; I think the timer is broken.

The idea was good, the execution wasn’t. Hopefully they’ll learn for tomorrow’s and fix the flaw.

Yes. “Speed to First Woot: 8h 36m 27.669s” indicates the page was live way before the last piece given out so…someone probably figured out early on what the deal was and started guessing letters. Probably the same people who use Bots during regular ol’ Woot Off’s.

this is crap without the bag.

Seriously… I don’t understand whats going on… How is this working exactly? What do you do with the map pieces once you have them? Where do you put them? That part isn’t very clear.

Wasted my day on this bull crap. Poor form woot, you just pissed off more people than usual…

They had the page available since 9 or so hours ago. Imho they should have not put the page up so early.

Bucking the trend, I actually want to talk about the item in question. My son is having an Angry Birds-themed birthday this weekend, and these will fit the bill nicely. Serendipity.

I sure did.

Me not happy…

And if they don’t, there’s going to be a whole new crop of angry Wooter’s bitching at midnight about how they wasted their day for naught!

Well after this bust of a map deal, don’t expect me to do this again on Wednesday. All this work to try and spend $8 for dollar store junk.

Woot is no longer the Woot we loved.

PLEASE go back to the random crappola. It made woot-offs much more fun (and a lot less work). I agree with a commenter on FB - I did not do any buying as I was so distracted with the map thing. Believe it or not, Amazon, Woot was not broken, and it certainly did not need to be fixed!

(Oh, and could you please put up some leakfrogs tomorrow, not tonight? Thanks!)

This :frowning:
I’m not terribly active on woot but I thought this would be a fun way to start. Instead I just feel like I wasted my day.

My apologies for outing you as the “first sucker”. Now dish on how you got to the BOC so quick!

The red letters made up a URL. If you wasted time on the red herring puzzle like I did, then you pretty much knew in advance how it was going to play out. Frankly, I have been burned on crap-hunts so many times, I neve actually expected it to work out this time, but whaddaya know!