Anker VIVA Alexa-Enabled Car Charger

Anker VIVA Alexa-Enabled Car Charger

Which generation is this model or firmware? From reading reviews it sounds like the first edition models are horrible. Then after upgrades it is slowly getting better. This is a first gen item that they are working the bugs out of.

I have the pro model (even though I have bluetooth in my car, it’s better to connect via the aux cable) and it is AWESOME. I had the previous model (which I think is this one) and it worked fine.

I’m curious how much data is this thing going to be using off your phone plan.

Also, what is this:

In the Box:

• Roav VIVA
  • User manual
  • Quick start guide
  • Happy card

Happy card?

1 Like

It’s almost worth buying for the happy card alone. I wonder if you could get a refund if it isn’t happy enough?

I believe this is the card that every Anker product has that basically says, Contact us if you’re not happy. It’s kind of bizarre that it’s listed as an included item, but I guess reinforces that Anker is standing behind these items.

1 Like

The bottom of this article describes the happy card. Pretty nice.

3 Likes

Maybe dumb question, but why does this need to be alexa enabled? Isn’t the app on my phone enough? What does this hardware give me that my phone does not already?

1 Like

Having been here for over 10 years, I’ve seen the amount of tirade some folks will go through and post in the forums instead of contacting Woot Support who can actually assist in the issue!

The best customer service is the one that doesn’t need to be used because everything has gone well. In the event that something does go wrong, though, a responsive CS can make or break the customer’s experience.

1 Like

worst article description ever. They explained no more than the title told us… which was nothing haha!!!

I was curious why anyone would want alexa if they’ve already got either Google or Siri?

The more companies listening in to you the better!

The card was at the very bottom.

Don’t forget Cortana for the roughly 0% of Windows Phone users.

1 Like

Everyone knows Cortana is evil, just play Halo 5