Anycom Solar Bluetooth Cell-Phone Speaker System

I have no interest except for your sake.

If you buy this you should be able to get extra solar power from
the collector by making an aluminum foil covered plastic, cardboard,
etc reflector to put more light on the solar cell(s).

aluminum reflects almost 100% of the energy coming to it so it’s
similar to doubling the solar energy from the sun. A good thing.

If you want you can make many reflectors each one pointing to the
cell(s). Many flat ones is similar to making one large parabolic
one. So you can do it either way.

Since this is portable you’ll not have much time or space to make
anything I mentioned. But have fun for $30.

This is gonna stick to my sunroof (out of sight of theives, easy to reach and control) 24/7. Perfect application for solar power. I’m in for 1.

Any reviews on this?

Froogled

3 hours of charging for 30 minutes?!! Am I the only one that read that?

Sync it to you cell phone.
Balance it on your head.
Talk forever hands free as long as you are in sunlight.
Hopeless if you are stuck or stranded on dark and rainy night.
Send it back once you find it useless so other dumb wooter can buy it on refurb.

This is much better

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/cellphone/8928/

this way you can still have both hands on the steering wheel and still allow the person on the other line to hear you becuae your voice is projecting directly into the microphone on the bluetooth device. (provided that you have it on your wind-shield or sun roof.)

I’d be a lot more impressed if that 15 hour talk-time battery could be recharged from the solar cell, as well, rather than only charging from the USB/AC adapter.

Seriously, who makes a design decision like that?

I bought this last time it was on Woot (Nov, 07), it was $50 back then, >< Talk about getting screwed.

Anyways, these things are really not bad. Some people say why not just use the speaker phone of the cell phone, well, when you are driving (esp. on highway), the noise sometimes (if not usually) overwhelm the speaker. The anycom speaker is pretty loud to overcome that.

Don’t be mistaken by the solar panel. IF YOU WANT TO, you have the option of charging this thing using your car’s DC outlet. But hey, if you already have a GPS stuck on the outlet, the solar panel really helps you out.

yeah… but it can also be charged via a cigarette lighter … did you read that?

Ok… I must be too old or just riding the short bus today to understand what this product is or does…? Someone please take pity on a midwestern gal with a big ole headache and tell me what the f*#k this is!

Apparently not them. Mine charges just fine w/ solar power.

So, I’ve never understood exactly why someone would want one of these. If you have a cell phone with bluetooth, it probably already has speaker phone capability. But lets assume it doesn’t, or that it sucks at being a speaker phone. This is better than a headset how? You can’t use this to make a private call since its a speaker phone. You have to connect to it to make it work, which is probably too complex to do while driving (and how many of you remember to connect and disconnect it each time?) How is that easier than a headset, which is cheaper, lighter, easier to use/maintain, lasts longer (even without a solar panel), and can be used for private calls as well?

Why would anyone want one of these?

And whats the solar panel thing about? In case you want a speaker phone while camping? Why? Whats the point? I really just don’t see why these sell at all! Can someone who bought one tell us what they plan to use it for, and why its better than a normal headset?

I bought a hands free w/ a car charger last woot-off for that reason (for about 1/2 the price of this). But sadly, woot gave me my money back.

Also, sadly, there was no bag of crap last woot of and this is just a piece of crap rather than a bag :frowning:

What amazing timing! I just called my wife 3 hours ago in the car and after fighting with my phone’s horrible speakerphone feature, I finally said to my wife, “I’m sick of this phone’s horrible speaker. Tomorrow, I’m definitely getting a bluetooth speaker.” And low and behold, look what Woot offers up tonight!

That is the worst product description I have ever read on Woot. It went on forever, was crap writing, and told me little or nothing about the product. I had to go to CNET to read a review to figure out what this thing does. I like the cute desciptions in general but don’t try my patience this much and make me scratch my head trying to figure what you are trying to sell me.

correct
Thos will charge in your car with 18 hours of sunlight.
It is a hands free device for your automobile, that has some nice features that help keep your conversations crisp and clean. I live in Florida and we gots plenty of sunshine here.
I am down for one, since there isn’t any fake rebates with it (Amarcore AC) :slight_smile:

So if I have built in bluetooth hands free in my car, I so don’t need this?

What is to hard to understand about this and what it does?

Have you ever tried to talk on your speakerphone in your car, while its moving, at 85 mph - er - sorry, I mean 55mph…

This is a cheap representation of what all the best new cars are now offering which is built in bluetooth speakerphone capability. Obviously none of the wooters tonight have cars newer than 2006, or maybe they don’t have the right models.
Anyhow, if it works as promised, it will be a damn sight better than speakerphone mode - I have a Verizon chocolate - which I sometimes love, sometimes not, but its speakerphone mode is hard to switch on, and by default, it turns off after 2 minutes.
Having ranted, I’m still deciding if I want to spend the money - I dont think there’s any danger of these selling out before I make up my mind.