Anyone getting charged for shipping as a Prime member?

No prime = $6 per order unless it’s a special event where they’ll advertise $6 ships all day.

1 Like

I am a Prime member. I made two purchases from Woot so far, and was charged shipping for both. Please let me know if there is a way to fix this.
Thank you!
Leo Francis Coady
of Philadelphia

When you’re on the payment screen and it shows your address is there a line that asks if it’s your preferred address? I can’t remember exactly what it says. Anyway, click that and wait for it to reload. The shipping charges should go away. It’s Amazon verifying you’re a prime member (redundant, but its Amazon).

7 Likes

I made contact with customer service. Hoping for a refund. Thank you for your input! I greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

2 Likes

Like @pepper114 said, if *you’re logged in with Amazon Prime and it still shows the shipping charge, click on the address or pmt button, then ok (you don’t need to change anything) and it forces it to reload and takes off the shipping.

Also, make sure your app is up to date. Since the last update it rarely happens to me anymore.

3 Likes

Here’s a few things to try:

• Log out of Woot and log in using the Login with Amazon button
  • On the checkout page, check “use this address”
  • If you are using Microsoft Edge, switch to Chrome or FireFox
  • Clear cookies for Amazon & Woot
  • Allow cookies from Amazon & Woot
  • Allow pop-ups; turn off pop-up blockers
  • Log out and back in on Amazon, especially if you’ve changed anything there (e.g. cards, email, etc.)
  • Try an incognito or private mode in your browser

If those don’t work, let me know the following information:

• App or Desktop?
  • Device & OS/Version
  • Browser & version
  • Exactly what is happening and when it happens.
2 Likes

Absolutely… and just when I think it’s sorted.
Bam!!! Charged again.
I think the Wooters just enjoy my annoying emails and!!!
They do refund!!!

Yes. I was going to order two of them, then I decided to not order because of the shipping, but went ahead and bought one anyway. I placed the order but it completely disappeared from existence. I have no idea where that order went.

Hi there. You can check your order history (Stuff You Bought) to see if the order when through. That said, I don’t see an order on this account for today.

As to the charge, see my suggestions above.

1 Like

Yes I was, but contacted customer service and they refunded me

1 Like

Yes this worked for me as well! Stupid!

2 Likes

I am amazon prime member and I’ve logged in using amazon prime account. Shipping is NOT for free as advertised. Why is it so difficult for woot to fix this issue?

Look up for things to try. Likely there’s a box asking you to verify the addressir payment. In e you do that, the shipping will be deducted.

1 Like

Yep. I’m getting charged for any and all attempts at ordering. The app is super buggy and I’m about to just delete it and quit woot altogether.

1 Like

Hi there. Look for the “Use this address” button under your address. Click/tap that and the order page will finish loading to remove the shipping.

1 Like

I had the same problem and I, too, did not order things I was interested in because of that. I just tested it and the “use this address” click worked. That said, it might be in Woot’s best interest to figure out why this is happening and correct it so as not to lose these sales. But I guess it saved me some money in the long run.

Unfortunately, Amazon owns the “Login by Amazon” widget so there’s nothing we can do.

:sob:

1 Like

Stage a coup and take control of Amazon?

4 Likes

What about @wajeremy? Couldn’t someone add that to his to-do pile?

2 Likes

There was a Foxtrot comic where Roger had a huge stack of files/papers in front of him, and he complained to Fred (his coworker) that he was absolutely dead because of his workload.

Fred advised him to make a to-do list, to help get organized.

When Roger told Fred that that WAS his to-do list, Fred agreed that he (Roger) was dead.

2 Likes