anyone getting ready for winter?

With Katrina and the natural gas and fuel oil price increases headed our Way, I decded to keep the boiler set at 40 degrees, and laid in two cords of wood for the Stove in the living room. I’m looking into installing an on-demand hot water heater, and that’ll limit my NiGas use to cooking and the Dryer.

Anyone else planning on conserving? Any tips to pass along?

Right now I live in Charleston, SC. That’s my plan.

I’m lucky as far as heating goes this winter. I have electric heat and I’m in that NW corner where the PUD got screwed by Enron and now they’re suing Enron and talking about lowering our rates! Plus my new apartment is so well insulated that we are still opening the windows because it’s too warm inside. I think this winter heating bills will be no problem. (Unless I get laid off or something… let’s hope that doesn’t happen.)

edit: woot changed l.a.i.d to hugs, kinda funny, I didn’t use it in a bad way

Right now I live in Charleston, SC. That’s my plan.

I’m lucky as far as heating goes this winter. I have electric heat and I’m in that NW corner where the PUD got screwed by Enron and now they’re suing Enron and talking about lowering our rates! Plus my new apartment is so well insulated that we are still opening the windows because it’s too warm inside. I think this winter heating bills will be no problem. (Unless I get laid off or something… let’s hope that doesn’t happen.)

edit: woot changed l.a.i.d to hugs, kinda funny, I didn’t use it in a bad way