aPen Digital Recording Wireless Pen

Comparison page:
http://www.apenusa.com/productcomparison.php

I was a dummy and took my pen to work without the CD. Luckily I was able to **download the software here!**A4 is the selection you want and if you want to view the manual it comes with just download the software pack (I think it’s a couple megs so no sweat)

** Yes it works on Mac!** iOS 3 and above

I have found that the accuracy is pretty spot on. ** Just don’t bump the sensor while writing ** it’s pretty hard to get it lined back up perfectly. I have considered using Velcro to hold it in place at the top of my notepad but once you get used to it you’re really alright.

The accuracy is pretty cool, it even helps straighten your letters out a bit if you got a shaky hand (I do). If you write really really close together you might want to space it out a bit. It’s accurate but it’s not that accurate.

Overall I’d have to say for the money this is a really great buy.

I lul’d! I work at a dealership parts department. Bodyshop orders and auto parts:tongue: Your idea sounds more fun though.

Almost bought one, but noticed this model is basically iPhone/etc specific. I use Android, so I’m SOL. Not sure if the PC software works the same.

Thanks Ivan,
Basically identical Features. Each one Designed each for Different Fones Types.

I think I will wait for the A3, It has Bluetooth & Works with Blackberry and other Android Smart Fones.(and your PC)

Whereas the A4 Pen Works only with IPAD and Iphones.(and your PC)

Let Face it…Blackberry are more Popular that Iphones
(Iphones/Ipads are Too expensive anyway)

Hope they Bring out the A3 Soon here on Woot.
I surely will Buy one !

The software page shows a download link for mac. Does that just mean Ipads? if so I need to edit my previous post.

Waay down at the bottom. Now that there’s enough discussion, there seems to be a big green button on the home page, but I swear it wasn’t there before.

There is an issue with the discussion buttons/threads showing up on time. They’re a bit tardy at times.

The developers are monitoring the site each night and are working on improving this.

2 questions for those of you that have one:

1. Can you use it without having it plugged into an iPad, then plug it in later to transfer data?

2. the review linked above by mvsopen says, “you also can’t block the pen camera line of sight – so not great for lefties, or if you cover your writing with your other arm.” I’m left-handed, and thus drag my hand across each word as I write it until I get to the next line. Am I screwed?

Unsure if your trolling or truly believe that …

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/9209/1339049135359.jpg

someone give me an example of how you would use this thing. I am just an analog guy trying to get by in a digital world.

What would be even more useful would be to attach it directly to your iPad. The current capacitive screens are very low-resolution in detecting fingers or styli; if instead of having what you drew on paper appear on the screen, you were drawing directly on the screen itself (without ink!) you would suddenly have a much more accurate input device for writing, drawing, taking notes, etc. I wonder if you could hook it up that way yourself with a little tape…

[Edit: Hah: I see now there’s a kickstarter project that does exactly that! But maybe you could still DIY with this for less than half the kickstarter price…]

Blackberry filled a very important void for awhile… until the iPhone came along. Eventually they will be so far behind and lose market share accordingly they will be out of the market within a couple of years unless they can transform themselves.

Agreed. Sad thing is that chart has dumb phones figured in too, in the smart phone sector RIM is still at 6% where as Apple sits at about 20%.

Some questions:

*It includes batteries, but what kinds of batteries does it take? AAA? Button cells?
*The ink refills: Are they exclusive/special to this pen, or can I somehow use another pen’s ink?
*Refill extractor? What is /that/? Does it fetch out the ink cylinder since it’s wedged in (like how there’s a tool for fetching out nibs from tablet pens)?
*Will the included software work with any other type of item (such as scanning old notes not taken with this pen)?

Thanks!

YES, I agree with all and had the same problem with the community discussion, couldn’t find the damn thing

Thanks for bringing that up. I’m a lefty as well and wonder how it would work for us. Regular pens aren’t great either, as everything always SMEARS ! :wink:

I don’t see an eraser on this pen, I think I might hold out for the pencil version. :O)

General question: does the original price matter if you don’t need the thing in the first place? Sometimes I’m tempted by excellent deals on products I would never even consider otherwise. Probably best to keep walking when that happens.

sometimes change is bad, woot! look like this place has run its course.