Apple 11.6" Dual-Core i5 MacBook Air

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Apple 11.6" Dual-Core i5 MacBook Air
$779.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

I predict a sellout.

Will it work with my PC?

Is this compatible with my…oh nevermind.

Yay! This will, undoubtedly, work with a Mac. In fact, it will work AS a Mac.
-=C=-

I have yet to convince myself to pull the trigger on a laptop within the 24 hour Woot window but I am tempted.

If you don’t want to wait for it to ship and are near a MicroCenter, they have them on sale for $799.99.

Sold out before 4 AM : +180
Sold out before 10 AM : EVEN
Sold out before Noon : -120
Sold out before 4 PM : - 400

This is a great little laptop, and exponentially better than the $300 netbooks they were selling a couple of years back.

The one thing to watch on this particular model is that it’s only got 2GB of RAM, and it isn’t upgradeable.

cheaper at http://www.ecost.com/p/6842203?source=EWBGOOGLEBASE $759.99

$769.99 with free shipping at macmall.com

The MacBook Air can also be used as a kitchen tool to slice fruit as evidenced here: MacBookAirでAppleを切る。【Apple VS Apple】 - YouTube
But it probably is best to just play Fruit Ninja on it instead.
-=C=-

I’m betting this one won’t be a 24-hour window.

The refurb version is $749 directly from Apple and it comes with Oh Ess-Ex 10.8 Cougar Lady with free shipping but you will have to pay taxes.

The Woot! version comes with Oh Ess-Ex 10.7 Lyin’ but is exactly the same otherwise with no taxes (except for Texas… hahaha), $5 shipping and it’s New (if you care about that).

The Winner is Woot! by a solid $20 because my State charges 7% sales tax which would make it a total of $801 and change.

So the moral of the story is Woot! now, Woot! later & Woot! some more and score $5 shipping on all the crap you buy.

My first impression was… It’s only a Dual core and they want almost $800?

My wife of course responded with “It’s a Mac”.

So, yeah, it’s a Mac and I guess if that means anything to you then go for it. I don’t see the value here.

At more than 2x that price, I should hope so!

If you don’t mind refurbished, you can get it cheaper from Apple. $749. Heck, I think Apple has a pretty good idea on how to refurbish their products. Actually, if you don’t have to have the latest and greatest Apple product, a refurbished Apple is one of the best deals around.

Refurbished MacBook Air 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5

Or if you want a Core-I7 with double the ram and hard drive, faster read/write speeds and triple boot Windows 8, Linux Mint and OSX Lion send me $800 bucks and I’ll get to keep $200. Take it from a computer tech of 10 years at a college that utilizes both platforms, its never a good investment to buy mac anything. “It just works” is the biggest crock since Milly-Vanilly singing. And the anti-virus sucks. Yes they do and have gotten viruses and malware.

The guts for this machine are acceptable, but the only problem I have with the Airs is that they are too light. I know it is not going to snap when I pick it up, but it just feels that way. Maybe if the weight was more distributed towards the front I would be more fine with it.

*Not an owner, but have done some tech support for them