Apple 12" Intel M3 256GB MacBooks (2017)

Not in the business of defending woot but I would highly doubt what Perpsley sais above. I think maybe they confused this “new” laptop with refurbished ones. Woot has had this model in several different configurations and most of the prior ones sold are refurbs or not the 2017 model. This is the latest gen apple macbook 12 2017 model. It is brand NEW in the box. I bought this latest one for my daughter last week as I mentioned above. I know the 2015 and 2016 models had some reported issues. However, my 2015 has been flawless for three years under moderate or light use. It’s my home and travel laptop. I don’t use it at work at the office and don’t travel alot. Read the online reviews on this 2017 model and you’ll want one at this price. This is the exact same laptop that sells for $1299 online on Apple. Nothing has changed from the current model, same processor, same new keyboard, same ssd, etc. etc. It is, however, much changed inside from the 2015 and 2016 models that may have had issues and are the majority of the refurbs sold here on woot the last year. I got this as the only new macbook from apple cheaper would be the stripped down macbook air that has been the same configuration for over six years and lack this latest gen keyboard or retina display and it sells for only $50 less. I’ve yet to have any apple product fail except a three year old iphone battery. My wife’s imac is 8 years old and runs like new and is fabulous though we installed 16 gb ram and the largest hard drive when it was purchased. This is a great deal and I’m recommending to a friend to buy one.

thanks for the info - does yours come in a brown box or apple original white box sealed? also how is warranty info - can you check that online? thanks so much in advance!

Mine last week came in sealed Apple white box.

thanks a lot! just bought one for my wife - hopefully she will be happy :slight_smile:

Can I return this MacBook, unopened, for a full refund?

how does this differ from what is currently listed on apple.com (1299.99)?

Yes. Our return policy is linked in my signature.

Can ship to EU?

Sorry, we only ship to the 48 contiguous states of the US.

As noted at the end of the features, these have a 90-day Woot warranty.

Exactly the same. The macbook 12 has not been updated by apple since this 2017 version.

I have very little knowledge on how Apple handles anything, but I am looking at this for my GF. So if we buy this what happens when there is any sort of problem with it outside the Woot warranty? (90 days?) I can’t go to apple and say hey I own a new apple product, let me pay you for a service plan. Or basically if anything goes wrong I still bring it to Apple (or a certified repair place) and then pay out the ass to get it fixed?

Yep, but hardly a big deal as most no one has problems within Apple’s standard one year warranty and Apple’s laptops are rated for a 10 year lifespan. 55% of iphone users have applecare but far less on other apple devices. You’ll know within 90 days if you have a lemon. Otherwise, you are in the same boat as 75% of all other apple owners in that you won’t have a warranty. Welcome to the club.

Said another way, the average age of an apple macbook is 5 years which means the average user hasn’t had a warranty for 4 years and still expects their macbook to last another 5 years beyond that. And the third-party data tends to backup their belief that they will use their macbook 10 years.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen one on Woot.

The 16 GB model costs significantly more, and even Apple Stores don’t stock them, you have to special order.

Per our Return Policy, YES! Just make sure you label it correctly since MacBooks have a lithium battery.

Just purchased two to these. Does the SquareTrade plan through woot cover me taking the laptop to the apple store or local repair and then filing a claim with SquareTrade? Also, is there a deductible?

Thank You! As a follow up would this purchase include that Apple 1 year?

literally the worst macbook ever

it has ONE usb-c port, which is also needed to charge

you will need 3 dongles if you want to charge it while running 2 ports, for example

literally worth $600 more to just have a macbook with 4 usb-c ports like all of the macbooks have now

this is the worst model

i prefer the old normal usb version even

you have been warned

woot pls just sell a macbook w/ at LEAST 2 usbs and i will buy thx

Thanks! I’m out then.

On another note, these comment sections would be far more user-friendly if we could just upvote (or downvote) comments/replies, rather than having to quote-reply to everything.