Apple 12" Intel M5 512GB MacBooks (2017)

I wnat to buy rosegold color but now soldout!
So, i really hope you guys do something like this deal again.

I really want to buy this model color rosegold!!

Hello,

What do you mean by NEW? Unactive and unsealed right? Totally NEW? Since Im still not yet understand why we can get this discount

Hello dear Can you clarify this point? It means that if I buy this product, I can not buy Applecare later on? I get lost now…

Just enter and happy to see they offer 4 colours and My heart is broken when hearing you saying that it was sold out. Is it just sold out or not offered from the beginning?

From the features…

“These Macbook are NEW in condition, but come with a Woot warranty. This is why we can offer a discount. These were originally intended as warranty replacements, and held by Apple to support their customers. Now we offer them to you!”

Looks like a pretty good deal for a new MacBook. The same models from Apple’s refurbished site are $1300+.

In for a space grey to replace my 2013 MacBook pro that recently sprung a couple dead pixels in the display. It has been a trooper of a laptop for me.

Yes I did read it but still not yet fullly understand

They are clearing out the replacement stock with this sale, and they are likely taking it down to a level to support the previous sold new versions based on some algorithm of expected returns >1 year from originally being sold. Since, they are thinning the replacement stock, they are not offering apple care since they will now have less replacements available.

$1,000.00 for a 12" laptop? Really? Sucker born every minute!

Regarding warranty - Apple notes that these laptops are part of the keyboard service program (Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support)

Does buying one of these laptops with a limited warranty still allow the owners to leverage that program (if necessary)?

I would like to know the answer to this as well. Was about to buy when I read this.

In general, any Apple service program supersedes any retail warranty. Doesn’t matter where you bought something or for how much. If your device serial number is In the range of affected devices, then it qualifies.

Thank you!

Yes; all this and the keyboard from Hell, as well.

This is $1000 flushed down the toilet.

Guess it just depends on how long you would like it to last. My current macbook has lasted me for over 5 years and still runs great. Never have gotten anything close to that with a PC.

Thank you for the excellent analysis, nabutu. Where did you get the Raspberry Pi? I thought it was only available outside the USA. Where did you find the R.Pi + Seagate videos?

Still using a 2006 macbook once in a while. These are well made machines.

I bought one of these on September 14. Shipping was free, but it doesn’t arrive until 10/2/18. Really!?
In the latter part of the year 2018, it takes going on 3 weeks to deliver a laptop within the contiguous 48 states? I would be happy to pay a fee to have it delivered in my lifetime!

Same here. Usually the free prime shipping is close to or as fast as Amazon Prime, but in this case over 2 weeks shipping is silly. It wouldn’t take that long to get a Macbook from any reputable online seller.

I mean it says it right when you buy it… That said it’s absolutely ridiculous that they take so long to ship. When you reach out to them they get annoyed about it too. They’re not helpful at all. Won’t be buying from Woot ever again.