Apple 13” 2012 500GB MacBook Pro (S&D)

Apple 13” 2012 500GB MacBook Pro (S&D)

I bought a very similar MACBOOK PRO a few weeks ago. WOOT sent a more inferior machine and are washing their hands saying it is a third party vendor’s responsibility. WOOT also says the one ordered and paid for is no longer available. But it is available:

I sent this to WOOT Customer Service and they now say they are not the same machine. I quote from the email I received today:

"It appears to be similar item but its not the same one :

Item on our wesbite currently available - Apple MD101LL/A MacBook Pro 13.3" (Mid 2012) Laptop, Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB SATA HDD, 802.11n, Bluetooth, MacOS Lion - (Scratch & Dent) $419.99

The item you have purchased is :

Apple MD101LL/A MacBook Pro 13.3" (Mid 2012) Laptop, Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz, DDR3 RAM, 500GB SATA HDD, 802.11n, Bluetooth, MacOS Mojave - $369.99."

They look identical in my eyes. The Os is updated that’s all.
I feel it is WOOT’s responsibility to make this right for the customer and for WOOT to go after the “third party vendors”.

This was to be a birthday present for my daughter. It has turn into gong show with WOOT making all sorts of excuses and refusing to do the correct thing !!

Hi there. I’m sorry for the frustration. Let me talk to CS and the computer team.

1 Like

WOOT CS contacted me and offered a replacement as a compromise. There are time constraints since it is for my daughter’s birthday. I accepted the offer and have not heard from WOOT since. I have sent a couple of follow up email messages inquiring about the status of the offer WOOT made. Nothing in return.
The quality of WOOT’s customer service has become awful !!
WOOT offers products for sale then does a shell game.
Takes your money and sends an inferior product than the one originally offered.
Buyer beware.

I’m very sorry. Let me check in with CS.