Apple 13.3” Intel i5 256GB MacBook Pro

Apple 13.3” Intel i5 256GB MacBook Pro

1100 bucks for a 4 year old laptop?
… you’re joking, right?
I paid 1249 for this exact model at Best Buy when I sent my oldest off to college in August of ‘15.

3 Likes

Macbook pro 2018 price.

1 Like

I am not getting this Macbook pricing. $1100 for a 4 year old notebook and with a mediocre i5 processor. So what is Mac-heads that makes this technology so appealing to pay a premium for it even when near obsolescence?

It’s also a little odd that it’s marked as “New” but it’s a four year old laptop that is being sold on behalf of a second hand Mac reseller? Mods might want to double check that.

Confirmed to be new. :smiley:

1 Like

This is still the most desirable MacBook Pro, hence the too-high price. It doesn’t overheat like the later models, has a working keyboard, a bigger battery that actually provides 8-hr battery life under normal usage, and even at 3.5 yrs old, is about as fast as the newest MacBook Air. And it has MagSafe and regular USB ports, which are still quite useful.

I bought a similar model used last year for nearly this much. Sure, the new models are slimmer and sexier (the fiancée has one), but my keyboard works, and MagSafe has saved it from a power cable trip at least once.