Apple 13" Intel i5 MacBook Pro (2018)

Apple 13" Intel i5 MacBook Pro (2018)

After paying for the SquareTrade, these are more than the same computers on Apple’s own refurb store — and those come with AppleCare, which you’re going to need because of the terrible keyboards.

I’m not sure what you are seeing. Refurb MacBook Pros from Apple come with a 1 year warranty (not AppleCare). The good thing is that AppleCare can be purchased on ones coming from Apple.

A similar option on Apple (256GB SDD) is $1529 at Apple with the option to purchase AppleCare for $269.

If there is any PC user considering jumping on this deal to give apple a try, keep this in mind: Nearly all notebook PC’s come with an assortment of USB’s and slots. Not the macbook pro - you’ll need a dongle (USB to USB-C) for every device you own.

On the plus side, docking is a snap because all your connections go to the docking station and just one USB-C can plugin to the Macbook (yes, even charging port). My MSI stealth gaming laptop’s USB-C isn’t a charging port (accessories only) so the macbook is a great companion if you can manage to swap your travel mouse to a bluetooth mouse and ditch all your accessories for the most part.

If you’re thinking of getting into app development though, this is probably the way to go, since you need the latest High Sierra to push to the App store.

P.S. there is NO gaming. the GTX drivers and CUDA tools are found in reddit.com/r/egpu but the performance is atrocious with any attached extrnal GPU (tested with 1070). you can probably play platformers but nothing with serious 3d requirements. there’s always one bro (like me) that thinks since it supports USB-C you can add a graphics card and make it a gaming machine. If you stick to basic workloads like photo editing or writing it is a great machine.

I love this. Over here is a $1,300-$1,500+ Apple with a 13" screen. On the Computer tab today is a HP Chromebook with a 14" screen for $199.

1 Like

Weird, it’s almost like there’s more specs to a computer than the size of the screen.

2 Likes

Are these eligible for AppleCare+ purchase?

No, they will not be eligible for AppleCare.

Pssh…so OBVS you don’t know how to computer.

These are not a good buy then :frowning:

I love this. Over here is a $1,300-$1,500+ Apple with a 13" screen. On the Computer tab today is a HP Chromebook with a 14" screen for $199.

Not only that but in the description this has 8GB while the HP Chromebook’s description says 32GB! 32 is way more than 8! /snark

1 Like

And this one doesn’t even run ChromeOS!

1 Like

I think you’ve mixed some things up.
You’re comparing the 8GB of DDR memory to the 32GB of storage on the Chromebook. Completely different things. (Chromebook DDR memory is 4GB btw)

Like some of Apple stuff, hate the company.

There was a itsy bitsy tone of sarcasm to the memory comment. Not sure if you noticed that.I am here to help in translation though.

2 Likes

in for one for my daughter thanks woot