Apple 13" Intel i5 MacBook Pro (2019)

Apple 13" Intel i5 MacBook Pro (2019)

Anyone else get drawn in by the allure of a 2019 MacBook Pro via Twitter for $899?!? I was a little annoyed by the Bait and Switch on the price woot. The copy-editor monkey must have been asleep at the keyboard this evening.

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t think that was cool either.

Morning.

I’m not sure what happened with the tweet. Those are auto-published. I’m asking to see if there was a last minute change to the event that would have caused that. I’m not seeing anything when I’m looking at the backend stuff.

Apologies. It was definitely an error.

1 Like

Here is a novel idea: Woot / Amazon honor their mistaken price, take the loss and then use the loss / experience to learn lessons, which are then implemented. When it hits our pocketbook, we usually try not to make the same mistake. Just a thought.

1 Like

As novel as it is and as much as I agree with you, this is something that would have definitely been done in a retail store if something was indeed mislabeled, most stores honor the price, but this is online sales… This is one reason why retailers love having a website for product sales, you don’t have to face the customer when something goes wrong, you can just cancel their order if it was incorrect pricing no questions asked, or simply ignore them.

$899 is a more realistic price for a refurb. Computers are like cars… once you drive them off the showroom floor they drop in value significantly. I would never buy a refurb at a puny 25% discount.

This would be closer to a circular with an incorrect price not a mislabeled product on the shelf. I believe I’ve seen at many big box stores a sign on the way in mentioning something about a misprint in a circular.

The crazy thing is the Twitter post is still up. I wish tweets weren’t deletable, but they are so there is no reason for it to still be up if the price is wrong.

I just got permissions to delete it. It’s gone.

Your morning has really gone to shit. It’s ok. You’ll get new shoes one day

I recently upgraded from this model to a model with the updated keyboard 2020. I can never look back.

The $899 price should be honored. Shameful!

Hi all. Again, apologies for the wrong price on this morning’s tweet.

As to some of the comments here, I’ll refer you to our Terms of Condition:

With respect to items sold by Woot, we cannot confirm the price of an item until you order. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be mispriced. If the correct price of an item sold by Woot is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.

Can you tell me more about this?

Why does Apple et al keep offering up 8GB ram ‘budget’ models? That’s so 2002. 16GB really should be entry level at this point in time.

The crazy computers.woot would like to see you (it is atleast upgradable to 32GB).

Look up the butterfly keyboard that has been used in Macbooks the last few years. They are very flat and have mechanical issues. While they have resolved most of the issues and I never personally experienced them first hand, the keyboard is not great. The new macbook models have a new keyboard that I and many other find to be better and more comfortable to use. There are plenty of articles online on this topic.

1 Like