Apple 13" Intel i5 MacBook Pro (2019)

Apple 13" Intel i5 MacBook Pro (2019)

Refurbished? By whom, and to what standard?

As per the orange box, they are refurbished by Apple.

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Tempting but not with only 256GB.

As I’ve said in other posts, these MacBook Pros are refurbished by Apple but failed at quality control so Apple dumped them by side channel.
However this time the value is even worse, official refurbished 128GB/256GB are only $80/$60 higher, respectively. An Apple official AppleCare policy worths way more than this, don’t buy from woot.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if you can upgrade the storage with a larger SSD?

I’d totally jump on this deal if they were 16GB ram. I’ll never buy an 8GB laptop again. I don’t get why Apple even offers this. The difference in cost versus performance is huge for many applications.

1 Like

No. Hard soldered.

1 Like

This is not a good deal. MacBook Air is on sale at Costco and Best Buy right now so you can get a new one for the same price.

Butterfly keyboard. $700 repair…and it will need that repair repeatedly over its lifetime. Buy one and get everything you deserve…and no complaining after.

1 Like

Incredible how much the value of these has plummeted. All because of a single defect that Apple knows about and won’t take responsibility for. I am never one to gloat about mac vs microsoft vs google but this was/is an epic fail on apple’s part. I am also not one to be in favor of class action lawsuits but this is one that must be allowed.

1 Like

Don’t forget that Apple is about to leave Intel chips for ARM and these will be cheaper (closer to deserted) every day.