Apple 15.4" 512GB Intel i7 Retina Macbook Pro

Do you know what the typical battery cycle count is on these? Or do they replace the battery as part of the refurbishment?

What is the general condition of these refurbished units?

Batteries will vary from unit to unit. The batteries are tested and replaced if needed.

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

So what does “if needed” mean exactly? Apple’s specs. say the battery is good on these models for 1000 cycles, does this mean that the battery could be up to cycle 999 on these? Based on your description of refurbished, can I take it to mean that all these are visually exterior and internally like new?

Battery would be replaced if it had high usage but I don’t have a value to give you.

And no, these are not described as new. They’re used and now refurbished. There may be scratches and other cosmetic issues on the exterior. Insides are how they were received by the refurbishing company.

Nevermind I just ordered one like new condition form the mothership for far cheaper, and no taxes. 2015 version too so far faster PCI-E SSD and the Radeon 370x, last version of these Macbook Pro’s that are worth it in my opinion, but I digress, step up your game Woot!

Note of Caution: I bought one of these from Woot in June. Last night while using the machine I smelled something hot, then noticed the MagSafe 2 Charger was starting to smoke right at the port where it plugs in.

Upon further research, I determined that this is usually caused by a counterfeit charger. Since I wasn’t going to be using that charger again, I busted it open and compared the guts online and found that indeed, the charger was not an Apple original charger but a counterfeit.

I dropped the laptop when I got freaked out about the burning, so now I have a dented MacBook (although it’s still working fine, hopefully the fake charger didn’t damage any of the internal circuitry in the laptop) and I’m out another $90 for an ORIGINAL charger I had to buy from Apple.

The deal wasn’t that great anyway, as other posters have noticed. I’d stay away from these (unless you already have a known good charger to use) and just buy the refurbs straight from Apple. Caveat emptor.

Edit: Mine is the Mid-2014 model, not this one, but the exact same specs. Apple 15" 512GB Intel i7 Retina Macbook Pro