Apple 15.4" i7-2675QM Macbook Pro Laptop

I have this very same MacBook Pro, and nearly 5 years later, it runs like a champ! It’s been able to handle anything I’ve thrown at it, durable (dropped it once…shockingly not a scratch), has held its value quite well. The advantage of getting this version is that you can swap out RAM and/or the hard drive (which I did along the way), which is something you can’t do with the 2012’s onward. Go get this one…you won’t regret it!

I am interested in this, but I am concerned about issues of quality. I understand about it being scratch/dent but I heard that other refurbished apple products have received mixed experiences from this site.

I too have this model, I love the machine, BUT… The GPU has failed twice (1 year between events), machine dead. Both times Apple replaced logic board (motherboard) free of charge under a special program ending Feb 2016. I would recommend to buy if seller gave 1 year warranty for GPU. But YMMV of course.

Is it easy to put an SSD in this one??

I’ve done it on the 13 inch 2011 model, but I have heard that some models don’t let you open the hood from below and make the necessary upgrades (I assume the ones that inhibit this are the slimmer case macbooks)

Thanks!

Very easy, but be warned about the GPU.

What Year is this computer?

What year is this computer?

These are Late 2011 models

Beware. Not sure who may have refurbished these, but this model is on the recall list for GPU issues.
MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issue. Where I work, we don’t bother repairing them since they’ll likely fail again.

The website says “The program covers affected MacBook Pro models until December 31, 2016 or four years from its original date of sale, whichever provides longer coverage for you.”