Apple 15.4" Macbook Pro Retina Laptop

What does Scratch & Dent mean on condition of this item?

+1 on that question.

I have one in the cart but want to make sure the screen will come solid, and that the body isn’t cracked anywhere.

I think this is part of Apple’s GPU “recall” series, which covered all Macbook Pros with discrete GPUs from 2011-2013.

See: https://www.apple.com/ca/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

I would be careful about purchasing any of these machines, as the repair extension program runs out on February 27th, 2016.

Just FYI. From what I have read and understood, Apple’s repairs are not actually fixing the root issue (which most say is the lead-free solder), but are giving out new motherboards. If these machines require that service or have been serviced already, this is a failure waiting to happen eventually.

Sad. Still sitting in my cart. This would really be a good buy as a replacement to my DJ laptop…

But not if the screen is going to go black in the middle of a gig.

Im not worried about the apple recall, just how badly “scratched and dented” this could be.

Hi there.

We’ve updated the sales to state:

“These items are expected to have a moderate level of wear & tear including (but not limited to) scratches, dents, and dings. Outside of their physical appearance, they have been tested to be in full working condition.”

That was not there when we placed the order.

and now it is too late to cancel

If you no longer want it, email into support@woot.com. Link them to my post. They’ll give you some options for return.

The link says the repair extension program runs out dec 31, 2016.