Apple 15" Intel Core i7 MacBook Pro (2018)

Apple 15" Intel Core i7 MacBook Pro (2018)

Not a terrible price but you can these brand new for about $500 more. Even less if you use Costco or Sam’s Club. For that you get a new laptop with the full Apple warranty and the ability to purchase AppleCare on it.

Not for the 15". This is actually a good price, and roughly $900 less than a new model from Apple. For that you get a slight speed bump and a slightly better video card, but the same storage and memory, and the same stupid touch bar and crappy butterfly keyboard.

I’m (happily) sticking with my 2015, for now; the last model that has an upgradable SSD and a decent keyboard with actual function keys (an almost must-have for developers), but if I was in the market for a new one (and didn’t care that 512gb of storage isn’t nearly enough), I would not hesitate to buy this model. The 1 year warranty should suffice. Call your insurance company and add a personal articles policy to your homeowner’s (or renter’s) insurance - I pay something like $50/year and it covers against drops, spills, and theft with no deductible. Soooo worth it. I even got a policy for my wife’s stupid Surface.