Apple 15" Intel i7 256GB MacBook Pro (2018)

Apple 15" Intel i7 256GB MacBook Pro (2018)

Wow, that is super expensive for those specs. I haven’t looked at apple for 15+ years, but the price of those specs just seem crazy.

Can I move a 750MB hard drive to this laptop - specs given below:
APPLE HDD HTS547575A9E384

Apple is not modular, so very likely no.

The Pro does not stand for helicopter propeller because helicopters do not have propeller. They have rotors at the rear and on top are the wings, hence the term rotary wing aircraft. The Pro actually is short for projector. There is a hidden 4K, 3D LED projector in the cover. There is a 17 simultaneous key input required to bring up the activation screen which then requires a 1024 digit password and the thumbprint of one of the Steves!!!

1 Like

I just rid myself of 2 iPhones and 1 iPad. Sick of Apple. Overpriced junk.

2 Likes

I have an iPad 3 that makes an awesome alarm clock

From the Sales Stats map, the Midwest ain’t buyin’ it. We got it right. :smiley:

1 Like

$2,039 on Apple’s site, but you can add AppleCare there.

I have two words for this deal. Rip Off. Almost 2 grand for a refurbished middle of the road speed non-upgradeable, proprietary wanna-be status symbol. What a joke.

2 Likes

It’s annoying for Apple development. Was hoping for a decently priced computer that runs Mojave but this aint it

Yes you can, but not internally. The Thunderbolt 3 is essentially the internal bus – speed and all – extended to an outside connection, so you can plug your HDD, some high-end graphics cards, lots more, within a couple of feed of the MacBook Pro and have desktop power and storage and much more coming from that little laptop box.

The internal SSD is integrated into the main board - not replaceable. However, it IS NVME, M.2 SSD, far faster than SATA, so you’ll want to use it for the system disk. You can add NVME or SATA disks via the 4 USB-C/Thunderbolt-3 ports, whaich are also orders of magnitude faster than USB-3.

It looks almost as nice as my $190 Chromebook.