Apple 17" Quad-Core i7 MacBook Pro

As a Mac user and Hackintosher to boot. I can say, without a doubt that the Apple products last longer than ANY other manufacturer even with the same operating system installed on both Apple and non-Apple hardware (it is relatively easy to do now a days). They just build a better machine. as to this particular machine…still to expensive for used.

I’ll bite, as I have this very same laptop. I upped the memory to 16gb and replaced the hdd with 512gb SSD. It’s running Mavericks (free upgrade) and Parallels 9 (not a free upgrade) and has been rock solid all these years. I see almost no performance lag compared to my work 2012 MacBook Pro with Retina, and while it is heavier and bulkier then the newer offerings from Apple, it is your only choice if you want OSX and 17" screen laptop. I expect mine to last me functionally for at least another 3-4 years; same can’t be said by my work Dell and Lenovo laptops that haven’t aged as gracefully performance-wise over the same period of time.
tl/dr crowd: If you need a 17", get it!

BAM: MAC viruses are here to stay…10 Examples of MAC viruses | Kaspersky official blog

Boy I love proving macfanbois wrong.

Well you certainly know how to show off that “BS” degree.
Intelligent people know you can’t compare apples to garbage.

[quote postid=“5604226”
user=“itzspeldrong”]
Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7 (2.3GHz)
Processor Core: Quad-Core
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Memory: 4GB DDR3 (two 2GB); expandable to 8GB
Graphics: Intel HD 3000 & AMD Radeon HD 6750M with automatic graphics switching. 1GB GDDR5 graphics memory
Hard Drive: 750GB SATA (5400 rpm)

This computer would sell for <$900 if it wasn’t a Mac. This is not a good price for this hardware at all. 4G of RAM? That would be awesome in 2005. 2.3GHz CPU is almost half the speed of my Intel i7 (Turbo Bosted to 4.5GHz without overclocking). Paying this price for this laptop is insanity. I’d highly recommend comparing these specs to another machine from another company.

My credentials:
BS degree majoring in Information Technology
Built my own desktop.(Jan, 2013)
[/quote]

Actually, what’s the saying about a fool and his money? You are paying more for the same hardware, ipso facto…

Dare I ask if this product is compatible with Apple Mac?

Brains! Brains! I need brains!!! Man you Apple zombies crack me UP!

Thank you sooo much for that!
Most common misconception about Macs: They don’t get viruses.

Mac users heard something from one of their friends 10 years ago about macs not getting viruses and just stuck with it. At the time the lack of viruses was due to the fact that less people were using Macs and more people were using Windows.

You know, you gotta hand it to Steve Jobs…He may have been a total ASS but he was a marketing GENIUS.

I know, it’s like saying you hardly ever hear of anyone stealing '73 ford pintos, better go out and buy one.

I actually just finished the biography recently. I had to keep quitting every few pages because his behavior turned my stomach so much.

I do like Apple’s non-computer products though.

This tells me that you’ve never owned a mac.

While I will admit that there are many Mac users who are ignorant to the fact that there are viruses that effect Mac computers, they so few and far between compared with the Windows world.