Apple 21.5" All-In-One Desktop MNDY2LL/A

Apple 21.5" All-In-One Desktop MNDY2LL/A

Oh Mndy, you came and you gave me LL/A

What is being missed here? New, factory-sealed. Why no warranty?

Maybe because its from 2017? I dunno.

Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz … Sounds good
8GB DDR4-2400 … Alright
AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB … Muy bien
1TB SATA HDD 5400rpm … VOMIT

One single, un-upgradable, yet utterly simple part is keeping me from buying this (as is the case with most Apple products).

1 Like

Can it be run from an external SSD?

Yes you can. I have in fact on similar models.

re teasip
“What is being missed here? New, factory-sealed. Why no warranty?”

Guessing from similar circumstances from other sales, these are the extra units set aside to cover warranties or end of model, clearing the channel. After a time, companies sell those extra units off. They aren’t going to warranty the warranty units, having none left. Other companies do this as well, esp. audio speaker companies.

re helloimhowie
"1TB SATA HDD 5400rpm … VOMIT

One single, un-upgradable, yet utterly simple part is keeping me from buying this (as is the case with most Apple products)."

(I’m not a Mac person/user for now.)

Did the new OS releases (which this comes with) change this? When originally released, I read the 2017 all in ones could be upgraded. I’ve read later, other models have parts soldered (the mini) or perhaps tied to a security chip (TX2 or something that ties the hardware and hard drive via encryption), but I didn’t think this model had those. Even the large monitor version, I’d read that people upgraded the fusion drives at the time.

The hard drive can be upgraded… if you’re feeling adventurous.

Even Refrubs brought from apple carry the same warranty as new, makes no sense if they are new units they don’t get a better warranty. They need to lower the price.

…and if you go on that adventure, you might as well upgrade the RAM too. The 21" model doesn’t have the easy external access door that the 27" does.

I just got one and perhaps I’m an idiot, but I can’t start it. It gets me to a message “install ITS” and asks for a password. It has another option “others” also asking for a password.
I’m stuck! I restarted and shut it down and looked for info online, including Apple support.
Can’t figure it out.
Help!

Hi there. Not sure this is in time but we just got info from our vendor:

For any affected customers, they simply have to follow these instructions and the lock will be removed:

If they need additional assistance, please have them reach out to cs@irecertify.com for priority support.