Apple 32GB iPod Touch 3rd Generation

Does this come with the remote/mic that 32GB/64GB 3rd Gen models are supposed to have? (I would like to autotune myself into infinity with the I Am T-Pain app.)

A refurb 32 gig, this generation, from the apple store is $259. I’d say this is a pretty sweet deal !

Apple has a history of releasing new iPod models in September. Almost certainly that’s when new ones will come out. There is speculation that the next generation will have a camera, but I haven’t heard anything about an integrated mic. Probably because you can use one already as long as it’s on your headphones.

If not stated, it’s usually FedEx Ground.

$259 (free shipping) direct from Apple.

Apple.com: Refurbished iPod touch, 32GB (current generation)

What condition are these ipod’s usually in? Scratches? No Scratches? Dents?

They are going for less on ebay. I just saw a refurbished 32gb 3rd gen with earphones and cord go for $210 with shipping…I’m just sayin! Plus its refurbushed…no thanks!

Yes, iTunes is required in order to use any iPod. Which is either a good or bad thing, depending on whether you think iTunes is a huge bloated behemoth.

Since there are plenty of people who have never owned an iPod, I don’t think you’re the only one who doesn’t have iTunes.

You can download iTunes for free, and it’s easy to use. You can manage all your apps and music, as well as back up to the web, your hard disk, or burn to a disk.

Yes and no.

We all want to know, but scared to ask: Can these be jail broken?

I got one for this price in the last (or maybe one before the last) WootOff, and it’s been the best toy I’ve bought in a long time. Comes with firmware 3.1.2, which you should NOT upgrade to 3.1.3 if you want to jailbreak it (mine is jailbroken, very simple task). It’s 3rd gen, so you can upgrade to the new OS and have multitasking (like Windows has had since 95) and folders for your icons (which every graphical OS has had since Windows 3). 32GB is a lot of space to use up unless you REALLY listen to your 100GB mp3 collection or you can’t make it though a flight without 12 movies on your iPod. And for a 32GB, this is a great price.

Furthermore, you technically do NOT have to have iTunes to use this. There is software out there, (some of it free) which can connect to your iPod to transfer files, which can include music… However, if you want to Jailbreak it, you have to have iTunes installed as it uses some DLLs from iTunes. iTunes for Windows has some bugs and is a headache to use, but… Apple doesn’t care because you’re a Windows user and they don’t like you.

In other news, RealPlayer has come a long way in past years since I used it last, and can with two button clicks download a YouTube video and convert it to iPod’s .m4v format and send it to iTunes. I suspect Real Networks fired the developers of their old, buggy software, and Apple picked them up for the Windows version of iTunes. :wink:

If I order this one, can I get it before may 14? I just wonder…

Good to know, thanks. And good evening to you.

This also has voice control of your music (unlike the 8GB model), and you can buy a earbuds with a microphone that work with it.

It also has a GPS-like function that works great.

And many of the best apps and games are free, or very inexpensive. It’s much, much more than an mp3 player.

No… iTunes is NOT required. Use SharePod
Much easier

Apple gives a 1 year warranty on their refurbs. So, for $30 you get a warranty direct from Apple that is 4 times longer than the 90 days from whoever is backing this one.

Since the warranty is liked at a 90 days from Woot!, I’d guess no. I’d also guess that Apple did not do the refurb on these.

My Fiance just got me this last week for my 21st birthday and I love it.

Once it was jailbroken with Spirit (google it) I can do almost anything I want with it.

Reading ebooks in PDF format with DocViewer.
Playing games like Plants Vs Zombies.

Even if you dont jailbreak it the free games in the App Store are great.

OMG! It’s an MP3 player as well!? I’ve used mine for everything but that! lol