Apple 32GB iPod Touch 3rd Generation

If it did, it probably wouldn’t state that it has a 90 day warranty from woot in the description.

[MOD: high five]

But you could always get lucky depending on when it was purchased and Apple not knowing that it had already been refurbished. But I would call that a fairly slim chance at best.

If you buy three of these babies you’ll have more storage, more battery life, nearly the same screen space and more enjoyments then you’d get from that iPad thingy kids are youtubing about these days.

Here is the products main website:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_touch

Who refurbished these?

That looks like a woot! photo… so, yes, it’s barely charged

If you include shipping, Woot wins by $8. $243 vs. $235.

BTW, if you get one, invest in a good case, along with those overylay screen protectors. They are expensive (Fellows are $14 for 3) but very much worthwhile if you don’t want to scratch things. The back of the iPod is high-gloss silver, and very prone to scratches. The display? Well, it’s called an iPod Touch for a reason. Fingerprints smudge and can scratch it, rapidly.

These can be easily jailbroken. There are many “one-click” methods of doing it.

Prices are bound to drop with new devices and iPhone coming out.

I read an article that Wal-Mart will soon sell the iPhone for $97 for the 16gb so wait a bit more (at least after June 7th), and I bet the price continues downward.

Apple is selling refurbs for $259 for what it’s worth…

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod?mco=MTM3NjYyNDg

As regards paying for upgrading to the new OS:

Most likely, yes. In the past, iPod touch users (including myself) have had to shell out 9.99 each time the OS was significantly updated (1.x to 2.0 and 2.x to 3.0).

So if you’re looking for the promised multitasking capabilities that have thus far eluded the iPhone/iPod Touch OS, it’ll cost you a little extra down the road.

…mp3 players are dime-a-dozen; it’s all about the apps you can put on these things…

What is it you wish to “jailbreak”?..

Don’t know if you saw my earlier post, but I’m obviously clueless about all this - what is “jailbroken”? Do I have to purchase my songs at iTunes or can I transfer the mp3’s from my pc to the iTouch and how do I get video on it? Can I get video I can record off my TiVo on it or is more like YouTube kind of video?

This is $30 cheaper than apple.com for the same model, but without the 1 year warranty (I assume). I bought a 16GB itouch refurb from Apple for the wife for Xmas. The whole family loves it. We’ve had no problems, so the lack of warranty may not be a big deal.

And Apple still gives a one year warranty on refurbs.

I am not at liberty to discuss such matters, but if I were at liberty to, there are easy methods of doing it.

And then you can multitask too!

(What? Someone had to go down the rabbit hole. ;))

I suppose it’s worth mentioning that it also has Bluetooth, an internal speaker (weak and low quality, but still there at least), and the capability of using a mike, both for voice commands and for any apps that may use sound input.

I jumped on the bandwagon too soon and decided to get a gen 1 Touch without any of the above features :confused:

However, for those that don’t have one and haven’t used one, I will say that the battery life is as great as advertised. If I’m just listening to music and podcasts, I hardly have to keep it attached to the charge/sync cable longer that it takes to download new podcasts and sync them with the Touch. Of course, this is not the case if I do a moderate amount of web browsing, in which case it requires a longer daily charge.

It’s hard to believe these are still so high dollar.
I mean - have you ever opened one?

I am still Diggin my zune - i’d like to have one of these but I guess they are just too proud of them. I mean for my dough anyway.
Got any 1981 sony walkman’s? LOL I might could afford me one a those bad boys.