Apple 32GB iPod touch with Retina Display & FaceTime (Current Generation)

Will it still amuse your Zune when your hard drive crashes? Flash memory baby!

Good point, but I think the battery is going to die long before the hard drive does. It’s pretty durable.

Do you even have 80gb worth of music, videos, photos, apps combined? I doubt that. I only use up about 26gb of my 32gb itouch. I really don’t see any reason to go bigger right now. MAYBE once music is put out at a higher kbps like flac or every song you have is 320kbps, that 80gb will then come in handy. But the majority of songs you’ll have are under 12mb probably even under 10mb.

32gb is easily enough space for music, videos, apps etc.

I’ve some crappy phone for 2 years and looking to upgrade. My carrier is Verizon, will I be able to take this to a verizon store and have them upgrade my plan and use this phone? I know nothing about this! Any help would be great, thanks

Hopefully you didn’t buy one of these (like I did) after calling Apple’s toll-free pre-sales reps (as I did as well), only to be told that this unit’s phone does GPS tagging (as I was told) only to find out that it really doesn’t.

After purchasing, I called Apple pre-sales again and pointed out that I had been provided with incorrect information.

I was then told that there are apps available that will enable you to do GPS tagging of photos taken with the Ipod Touch (if you have a wifi connection (which is perfect for all those times you want to take pictures inside your house or at a restaurant or store that offers free wifi, lol)).

This isn’t an iPhone. It’s the iPod Touch.

Finally buying something on Woot? About time! :slight_smile:

Well, you should be OK, except for the fact that this isn’t a phone, lol.

Refurb iPod Touch 32GB at the Applstore $259.99

Easily, without a doubt. I use a Hauppauge card to record tv programs, convert it into WMV format and voila! I can watch tv anywhere, on my own schedule. It’s great for taking movies on the road, entertaining the kids, etc.

As you can imagine, all of that video does take up a decent amount of space. I’d love to upgrade to a 120 GB Zune, but they’ve stopped making them. (Hint, hint woot!)

haha oops. thought this was the iphone, they look almost the same

Hmm, trying to decide if I should buy this or spend $25 more and get a refurb direct from Apple w/ a one year warranty…

Will these be scratched in any way?

Not that I know of but you can use apps to add drag and drop style syncing although you still have to go through itunes.

I’m intrigued by this, a lifetime battery replacement service for $39.99 (plus an installation fee each time you replace the battery):

http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/1006-lifetime-ipod-battery.html

Cheaper than a new iPod!

Hmm…I do see your point sir. It would take a lot of movies or tv shows though. Most shows are under 500mb and quality movies range from 700mb for DVD format and up to 5gb or more for blu-ray. At least what I cough download cough cough smoke every where coughhh.

A lifetime warranty is only good for as long as the company stays in business. Back in the 70’s all the waterbed mattress companies gave you a lifetime warranty. Guess how many of them are still in business?

Just a reminder that the camera resolution on this iPod Touch isn’t even on the same planet as the iPhone 4. It’s a grainy 0.3 megapixels meaning it’s not a very good alternative to the iPhone for Instagram shooting.

I hate Apple as much as the next guy, but I have a 32 gb touch and I love it.

I don’t have a smart phone so when everyone else is browsing the internet during lecture, I can too. Plus it’s a quality mp3 player, haven’t had any issues with it.

Here’s how you drag & drop songs within iTunes.
When your iPhone or iPod is connected, click on it on the left column so that the Summary of it appears in the main window.
Then, check the box that says, “Manually manage music and videos”.

To drag and drop, click Music at the top of the left column under “Library”. Here you can click & drag one song at a time, or use the old Shift or Ctrl keys like you would anywhere else for selecting things. When you drag them to your iPod, you’ll see the icon change to a + with the number of things you’re dragging.

Does that help?

The point is that you don’t have to sync. Me & the three other people in this house share one iTunes b/c we’re all manually managing our music and videos.