Apple 32GB iPod touch with Retina Display & FaceTime (Current Generation)

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Apple 32GB iPod touch with Retina Display & FaceTime (Current Generation)
$229.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

compare to Amazon at $275 new.

A Previous Woot!

Hmmm, their Amazon shows it for 249, but with the essential kit, which means it’s a better deal, because of the kit.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-touch-Generation-NEWEST-MODEL/dp/B00506D1SW

Is there a way to change the UI layout yet? I have always hated that grid UI.

Um, I just checked the photo of the packaging. Did Jobs & crew go all-out or what?

Just an FYI, if I’m not mistaken Apple employees get 25% off the iPod touch for friends and family. That brings a $299 32 gig new unit down to about $225-ish. So, if you know someone that works for an Apple store, seems like the way to go would be to have your pal pick you up a brand new unit for 25% off vs a refurb…esp a non-Apple refurb.

Refurbished iPod 32G for $230? no, no, no, I would rather get a brand new Touchpad 32G for $150.

me too but im more likely to win the lottery at this point

It’s probably worth noting that we’re fast approaching what has been historically Apple’s annual refresh of the iPod Touch. This year, rumor has it that they’re going to launch the iPhone 5 in September, so it’s possible that they might push the iPod refresh off by a bit. In general, expect new Apple phone / iPod hardware soon, probably with their dual-core A5 chip at the heart.

That said: not a bad price, from what I’ve seen, and the 4th-gen iPod Touch is still no slouch as a portable media gizmo / modern PDA equivalent. Would consider one if I hadn’t picked up a tablet a few weeks back.

Who wants to carry this and a phone?? If you really want to do that, get an iPad - Why are they still making these??

Because the kids don’t want to carry an iPad in their pocket. Kids like their iPod touch a heck of a lot better and they r less intrusive in Math class :slight_smile:

This version doesn’t brew coffee, nor can it protect your family from a rabid bear attack - but it can play Angry Birds!

I got a 62 gb ipod touch refurbished on amazon for $220. This is no deal for a refurbished ipod touch. Bye woot see you in 24 hours.

I am a windows guy, but I love the iPod Touch that I got from deals.woot.com for having the community top pick.

Apple products definitely hold their value, I still see used iPod Touch 32GB going for 200+ on Craigslist/Ebay/Amazon.

I can’t wait for the next iPod Touch 5th Gen that will come out in September!

Can I put google talk on this thing and use it to call for free like I do with my home computer?

Can this be rooted to run Droid Honeycomb?

Screw apple & their damn white usb & earbud cords, they are nothing but a magnet for thieves! NEVER EVER GONNA BUY AN IPOD AS LONG AS THEY KEEP MAKING & SELLING THESE THINGS IN WHITE!!!

…? Just buy different earbuds. The ones that come with Apple products are notoriously crap anyways.