Apple 8GB iPod touch with Retina Display & FaceTime (Current Gen)

Yeah, smart phones are making MP3 players pretty pointless.

The smart phone that i’m looking at getting next can have up to 48 GB of storage. Not to mention I could just put Google Music on it and store all my music in the cloud.

Apple sells the first gen refurbs for $139, this isn’t a bad price for the current gen.

Yes… yes it will.

Great timing for this Woot, I shouldn’t miss anything when I go to class for an hour. :slight_smile:

Is this high efficiency? I need all my appliances to match it. Is it waterproof? Can it be eaten in an emergency situation?

And from what I understand, these aren’t Apple-quality refurbs.

Apple puts on a new back and battery. Folks have said these Woot refurbs sometimes show scratches and other signs of wear.

However, my daughter has this model, and I think the camera is awesome. Takes very nice pictures, and exceptional movies, for such a small unit.

Lots of pixels means lots of storage space chewed up, and that isn’t always what you want out of a PDA device.

YMMV

I didn’t realize there was anyone in the world that wanted an iPod that didn’t already have one?

I bought one of these about a month ago. It works fine but the back of the unit was seriously scratched (though the screen is perfect). I purchased this for my daughter and 8GB is more than enough for her… for apps and music only, it’s an acceptable size.

If I had to do it again, I would definitely go the Apple route. This was one of those rare times I was disappointed with a Woot! purchase, just due to the physical condition of the unit.

Recommend folks pass on this one.

I never thought I’d see the day when an iPod Touch is a Woot-Off killer.

The one you saw for $179 on Apple website is not the current generation.

Official Apple refurbs are much better, they have a new battery, case and 1yr warranty. This has an old battery, scratched case and only 90 day warranty. By the time you add the square-trade 1-yr warranty it cost about the same as a much nicer apple refurb

Strange that my post was removed. Again here is the link to Amazon.com posting of this item:

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-touch-Generation-NEWEST-MODEL/dp/B001FA1O0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310650627&sr=8-1

If you notice they are selling the Refurbished Item for $165. This is in fact cheaper then the woot deal.

That’s a nice visual.

Does anyone else think woot needs a new poll question with each new item? Maybe they could make a game of it during the woot off. They could offer a BOC to the 500th voter on each poll or some poo like that.

Previous generation. Current gen 32GB is $259.

That’s misleading, as the Apple rumor-mill is a tricky business. There are rumors that it’ll have an 8MP, but it’s just as likely to use the same camera that’s in the 4 now. I’d wait until August/September to say this for sure…

It is my understanding from an earlier post that the cam on this sux. So why even give the camcorder option. Is it really less than 1 MP?

The $179 is not the current gen.

headphone jack at the bottom?

If this is refurbished by the same company that sold the iPad I got from Woot a few months ago, STAY AWAY! All of the items won’t be in the box and it won’t be “refurbished” as much as just formatted and thrown in a box.