Apple 8GB iPod Touch with Retina Display & Facetime (Current Generation)

Bugger, I just got one and it was delivered today. Not a refurbished and directly from apple. At least I got free engraving and shipping I guess :frowning:

My son has the previous gen 8 GB and I have to say the screen on the new one is absolutely amazing. A very nice improvement.

For only $15 more, Iā€™d get a new one from Amazon with the full 1-yr warranty. The refurbed 32 Gb model can be had from the Apple store for $230 with a 1-yr warranty.

$210 new at Amazon. Or refurbished at $185 + $4.99 shipping. Not a Woot worthy deal.

what happened woot? this is no deal at all. I remember getting a Xbox 360 surround sound system for $90 new when it was $250 retail. This disgusts me.

Those are the last generation with slower processors and not the new nice screen display.

the issue is that when one gets it from amazon is the warranty, according to an apple genius.

got an ipod from amazon and the warranty started when the reseller purchased it from apple, NOT the date that i got it from amazon. :frowning:

I just want this so I can sing ā€œYOUā€™VE GOT THE TOUCH!ā€

EDIT: Embed wasnā€™t working. :confused:

Doesnā€™t seem like a great deal. For $15 more (including shipping), you can get a new one from Amazon. ($209 vs. $189+$5)
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-touch-Generation-NEWEST-MODEL/dp/B001FA1O0O

oh crap. That really stinks.

Oh good, now I donā€™t have to leave Verizon.

This has not been a quality post.

Also, I have this model. Got it new last September. Love it, use it every day, works fine, no problems. Itā€™s like having an iPhone 4 without that pesky phone feature or a contract getting in the way.

The last time I ordered one of these, it didnā€™t come with black earbuds and I almost lost my mind!

This is no deal. Pay another $15 and get a brand new one with a one year warranty instead of this refurbed one that probably was handled by someone who did not wash his/her hand after a bowel movement.

Isnā€™t this kinda like a Sansa but with worse sound quality & a much higher price?

This isnā€™t even a deal Woot really has sold out completelyā€¦THANKS AMAZON for ruining Woot.

Donā€™t think these are official Apple refurbs. Appleā€™s refurbs have the full 1-yr warranty. This one has a woot 90-day warranty. Boo.

8GB is not enough. I have too much music.

Good deal? This is only $20 off a brand new one on bestbuy.com.

Interesting. Normally Iā€™d say that buying a refurb from Appleā€™s own store is a better buy, but they donā€™t have any of this generation right now. Congrats to woot!

This is directly from Amazon though, not a reseller. The warranty wouldnā€™t start from when they purchased from Apple (not sure about 3rd party resellers though)ā€¦

Product website (not sure necessary given length of description on woot page):

and support page:

and user guide: