Apple 8GB iPod Touch with Retina Display & Facetime (Current Generation)

Can I get one with black headphones/ear buds?

Napster? LOL!

Also doesn’t have GPS. It only has the Skyhook Wireless location service. Mine right now says I am in Texas, even though I’m in NJ.

Personally, I wouldn’t buy anything less than 16 GB these days. I have an iPhone 3G with over 6 GB of apps and games on it.

Review at anandtech

techradar

IGN Gear Review

Ever buy a song from the iTunes app on your iTouch and have it disappear?

I did! I figured out the reason too: My iTouch was set to only sync certain songs in iTunes. When I purchase a song on my iTouch, iTunes does not add that to the sync list for my iTouch automatically. Thus when I sync my iTouch, the song is added to iTunes, then removed from my iTouch since it isn’t on the iTouch list.

Just remember to add any songs purchased on your iTouch to your sync list in iTunes the next time you sync after purchasing the song.

I have never had trouble with them, it is the only service I have used though. I don’t currently have an account since my MP3 player broke a few months back and I haven’t bought a new one. What service to you recommend?

While I think the latest Touch is a great (maybe the best iPod yet), I just don’t think 8GB is practical unless you really enjoy moving stuff around a lot.

You will not get 8GB of storage. Remember the iOS will take up close to 2GB. So you will have a little more than 6GB for storage.

Considering you can store movies, pic’s, music, audio book, books, pictures, etc…and that is before you even get to the apps…

Again, love the Touch. But think 8GB is really to small for this device.

I downloaded a Justin Bieber song and realized it wasn’t really music. Does that count? :wink:

YouTube video:

Retina Display Comparison: iPod Touch 4G vs iPhone 4 vs iPod Touch 2G/3G

cnet Australia video

Apple Unveiling Video on cnet

Buy this! Don’t worry that the product is refurbished, Apple does refurbishment right. In fact, I am convinced that a refurbished iDevice is a better iDevice: the kinks have already been worked out!

Plus, if it fails, this iDevice would be covered by the same warranty as a brand new iDevice. No loss!

Hey woot, when are you going to sell some $189 Iphone4’s or Ipads?

In for one, because I trust WOOT to stand behind their products. I plan to use this instead of taking my netbook everywhere. Wifi is in most public places now. I know I will never buy an IPhone, so this is the next best thing.

and I still love my Sansa clips for ease of use for podcasts…nice to have choices…

I love Napster and it works great on my ipod touch.

Get more out of your iPod by jailbreaking it here.

If the back is scratched, supposedly sandpaper works well.

totally agree!
[I’m just waiting on the next ipod release and this version will be old hat anyway.]

Is your 2gb of iOS apps? I mean, I have a 2nd gen and it doesn’t take up that much space.

Again, on a personal note:

Yesterday, my wife discovered that she ran her 2nd/3rd Gen iPod touch through the wash (wife, not my kids, hmm…). In her defense, she’s been putting in ridiculous overtime at work, so she’s been in zombieland around the house.

Anyhow, moisture is known as the Touch’s nemesis, but after a dry-out period, wouldja believe it still works? It connects to the internet, plays music, and composes polkas (okay, I made up that last one). The display is all water-spotty, but we’re hoping it will dry out.

To be fair, I should mention that it went into the laundry inside a zippered leather pouch.

Still, the alarm clock app works, so I guess you guess say it takes a big lickin’ and-

Well, you know.