Apple 9.7" iPad 32GB Wi-Fi Only

Apple 9.7" iPad 32GB Wi-Fi Only

People still can use 1st Gen iPad’s? They’re pretty limited these days aren’t they?

Only good for web browsing, email, and reading books at this point, and other devices do those things better.

This iPad came out a decade ago, and hasn’t been able to update the system software for years (the 2nd gen had a much longer lifetime). We got them immediately for my college. Most apps on the App Store will be incompatible, so mostly you will just use the built-in apps… which are pretty good. No camera, so no FaceTime calls. It’s also fairly heavy, and cases are hard to find now, so I wouldn’t recommend it for young kids or older people with arthritis (it’s lighter than a laptop, but you still have to hold it instead of set it on a table).

Normally, I wouldn’t talk down a deal… old tech is always useful to someone. However, I would question the ability of the 10 year old batteries being able to hold a charge at this point! Even new-in-box, the chemistry sitting for that long will have decayed, and you might get an hour of charge, possibly unable to even charge up enough to turn on. These really should be retired by this point.