Apple AirTag (4pk)

Apple AirTag (4pk)

Are these the most current model?

Yes. They were only just released in April 2021.

Thanks. Not used to seeing new and current models of Apple products at a discount.

Currently, there is only one generation of Apple AirTags.

This is a nice deal BTW, $88 is a couple bucks cheaper than Costco’s $90.

1 Like

Glad I looked at the third picture, requires an iPhone with a U1 chip, and apparently my Xr doesn’t have that.

No! AirTags only require an iPhone or iPad running iOS/ipadOS 14.5 or later to work. I’m currently using an iPhone XR, and have family members using iPhone SE 2’s, successfully with AirTags.

“Precision Finding” is an additional Apple function not offered by any other tracker devices like from Tile and Samsung. The U1 chip (when in the phone - iPhone 11 and later) enables very high resolution tracking. Without the U1 chip in your iPhone, the Apple “Find My” app will still show where your AirTag is on an overhead map view, but like other tags, will not show precisely where in a house or room. “Precision Finding”, as the screenshot shows, will point you in the direction of, and estimate the distance to, the AirTag once you’re in the room where it is. That arrow shifts to steer you in the correct direction.

1 Like

Thank you, so I’d get the general area, not as specific. Good to know.