Apple BMLA22LL/A Compact Apple Magic Keyboard 2

Apple BMLA22LL/A Compact Apple Magic Keyboard 2

1 Like

Sleek, compact, clean design in an, all too rare for a keyboard, hunk of aluminum. You already know if you’re one to appreciate these attributes enough for the $45 price.

We’ve been happily using an early version, whose slope is provided by a AA battery cell cylinder, for many years in combo with three gens of iPads.

1 Like

Size: Chinese/PinYin

Huh?

Per the title, it’s the English/Chinese/Pinyin keyboard.

Yah, our daughter is a linguist, writes and speaks fluent Mandarin, lives in China, and even recognizes regional Mandarin accents. I get that.

However, “Size:” under the Specs tab normally shows dimensions, not keyboard type, no?

Yeah, probably imported from someplace. Better?

1 Like

Yay, actual dimensions now in the specs!

Hey everybody! This is going to be my first Woot! Purchase, and I want to know if this keyboard comes with the original magic keyboard box? Or comes una cardboard generic one??

Thanks in advance!

Hi there. Refurbished items rarely come in original retail boxes at any retail site. Expect a brown generic box.

The prices that Apple commands for their proprietary products makes me want to cry. I refused to be assimilated. As an advanced IT tech I own at least one of every Apple “thing” made. Thank goodness I didn’t pay for them, part of my job. As Chris Rock once said, “It’s not right, but I understand.”.

2 Likes

Don’t think this is even reconditioned. Mine came with scratches where someone had scrapped off a label. The light for the caps lock is not working. No lightening cable. Its going back.

I just received mine. No charger included, the plastic wrap it arrived in was dirty and the keyboard has a weird smell to it - reminds me of mildew. Cool.

Ewwww. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

I wasn’t sure if I should get this or not, but I really liked the idea of one less cord on my desk, and my job forced me to go back to work in person even though my work is completely online right now. :confused: I had to take my personal wired Apple keyboard into work to avoid a hunching over my tiny work–issued chrome book all day, and I needed a new keyboard for home so I wouldn’t have to hunch over my MacBook at home and let my external monitor go to waste.

I’m really glad I got this. It’s refurbished, so it did not come in a new Apple box. It came in a larger box wrapped in a lot of bubble wrap and secured by plastic wrap. Admittedly, this looked a little weird, but it was not a big deal and it arrived safely that way. Mine looked completely new with no scratches or dents, which is what I expected. It’s not cool that some people received scratched and dirty keyboards.

I was surprised that it didn’t come with a lightning cable, but the description actually doesn’t mention anything about a lightning cable. It could’ve been more straightforward about this; however, it seems like anyone who is going to buy this keyboard probably has at least one lightning cable already. I have about four, and I keep all my iPhones forever, so it’s not because I’m buying a ton of Apple products every other year. I think the one I am writing this on is the seven. I don’t even know. And I still have a bunch of lightning cables.

I’m not sure if this came charged, but I did charge it for a while before using it. When I plugged it in it worked immediately. It has worked perfectly since then, which was a couple weeks ago.

Prior to buying this I had purchased two different keyboards on Amazon, both of which I had to send back. I am used to the low profile of Mac keyboards, And it was really slowing me down to switch between the Mac keyboard and the two I tried out from Amazon. One of them was admittedly pretty cheap, around $25. The other was between $35 and $40. So when I saw this for $45 I decided to give it a try. Turned out to be a really good deal and I love having this small, low profile beautiful keyboard on my desk with one less cord.

It’s good to know that this keyboard is not actually the one pictured here, which is kind of lame on the part of this listing. It IS the same exact size and key layout. However a few of the the keys have additional symbols on them. For example, the bracket keys have additional brackets and the period key has another type of period on it, a tiny circle. This reminds me of the tiny circle that functions as a period in Japanese, and the differences in the symbols on the keyboard are obviously due to the (English/Chinese Pinyin) style of the keyboard. Doesn’t have any affect on the usage of the keyboard and the difference in appearance is minimal. However, I could see this irritating or worrying someone who did not expect to see it.

TL; DR Awesome deal. Works perfectly straight out of box. No lightning cable included, but you probably already have one of those. A few extra symbols on keys that do not affect the normal English functioning whatsoever. 100% glad I bought it.

Will this work with an ipad Pro 12.9"?

I see a strong maybe here:

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx2RFPQZHOEHKQV/ref=ask_dp_lsw_al_hza?asin=B01NABDNPH
https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx1YFLSRHA6KRC5/ref=ask_dp_lsw_al_hza?asin=B01NABDNPH

1 Like

Why is the backtick/tilde key down near shift?
And what’s replacing it below the Esc?
Have not seen this before.

Does it easily interface with other laptops besides macs?

1 Like

If the computer has Bluetooth, it should.