Apple EarPods with 3.5mm Plug - 1, 2, or 3 Pack

Apple EarPods with 3.5mm Plug - 1, 2, or 3 Pack

If they’re new, and made by Apple, but don’t come with an Apple warranty, what’s the story there? How did that happen? Did Woot get them from Apple? If so, why no warrantly and why so cheap? Did they “fall off a truck”? Are they counterfeit?

It says they’re first generation, so they’re probably just really old stock that Apple/Amazon is eager to clear out of the warehouse to make room for newer models.

I bought these the last time Woot had them at this price and they are working fine. Got the 3-pack and might get another 3-pack today to have some more spares. My teens have an amazing ability to break their earbuds.

We got them from our vendor. As mentioned above, Apple likely wholesaled these 1st generation models to make room for the newer ones.

I’m such an idiot - I saw EarPods and hit BUY, assuming they’d be the lightning connector type that’s been the only ones they’ve made for a couple of years. WTH am I going to do with 3.5mm connector earbuds? Anyone got any good repurposing ideas? Dog leash? Weave them into a belt?

(Just so I’m clear - the product page was explicit about what was being sold. I’m just an idiot.)

consoling2

Ok, so just got them; something is not quite right. Since I have a newer iPhone 11 with the lightning connector, I tried using my lightning to 3.5mm adaptor for these. An old pair of ear pods that came from Apple with my older iPhone 6s work fine, these new 3 woot ones do not playback, however they do record with any of the 3 adapters I have. They do sound slightly less loud on voice recording playback with the original 6S headphones and more tinny and less bass response on the woot recordings. Hmm.

So I checked to see if they work in my mac and they work fine. So, I’m skeptical these are genuine apple products or if they are they don’t act and perform as well as the old pair I have. That said, if you don’t require the use an adapter, they’ll probably be fine.