Apple HP Branded 40GB White iPod

Really? I’d pay maybe $30.00.

it does have around forty gigs of space that can handle your music or video

video ??? since when ?

Well it can handle the videos, but probably not show them :wink:

Nope, no video.

Oh Man…
a world before Star Wars…
by FAR one of the best w00t descriptions of all time…
just when I thought I’d never see Steve Austin again…
leave it to w00t to bring back the memories… :wink:
and sorry, i have 3 iPods & don’t need another one…
especially a refurb HP model…

yah, but I’m color blind…
so this B&W would work just fine if I needed another iPod… :wink:

Who could possibly stand to look at that display after spending any time at all with the Zune 30?? I’ll stick to my Zunes, thanks!

Refurbished iPod classic, 80GB - Black
Holds up to 20,000 songs
Up to 30 hours of music playback
Up to 5 hours of video playback
4.9 ounces
4.1 x 2.4 x 0.41 inches
Apple Earphones
USB cable
Dock adapter for $209.00

Woots is a Good deal if you want to only spend $105 but for $104 more/ free shipping you get 40 more gb and the ability to play video.

no, just BASIC…
errrr… maybe just Jaime… :wink:

uhh… I’ll give you 20 bucks for it.

It’s not that I don’t like Apple / iPods. I’ve got some already. But even more so, that’s about what these are worth.

I think I’ll pull the trigger on this. I’ve been looking for a high-capacity mp3 player to hold a ton of old radio broadcasts (news, sports, interviews, etc…) that I really wish to store separately from my music collection. I don’t need color graphics or video capability for that purpose, so this seems perfect for the job !

This is a great Woot!.. 5 years ago.

Um… this model couldn’t play back video. that was 2 ipods later. They called it…ipod video

These CAN be Rockboxed !!! But I don’t know if they will then do video.
Of course, if it does, it will be B&W.

IpodPort < Main < Wiki :

"Most (but not all) Rockbox features and plugins are working, but there are still a small number of important features unimplemented. "

Does it work on a mac?

own a zune and a phone with 3.5" screen with movie playback.

Once you TRIED to watch movie on a 5" or smaller screen for 45 minutes +. with your hand holding it…you will NEVER want to do it again…

(I give up the movie after 45 minutes of watching it. switch back to my big TV to finish the movie)

I don’t think this is worth it, I have this exact ipod (but 20 gigs) and eventually the battery gets really, really bad…mine won’t last off of a charger. Sure, you can replace it, but why not just spend the extra couple of bucks and go for a newer, color mp3 player? I can see if someone needs it for storage, though, 40gb is a lot (to me)!

I’d wait for a Zune offer … There’s old technology and then there’s OLD technology (as this is). At least the $80-100 (from what I recall) Zunes do video. A first generation Zune is much better than this thing.

HA!!! ROTFLMAO!

Nice jab.

I used to have one of these until it got stolen a while back… bough a zune on woot for $90, much better deal than this…

This makes the 3G iPod I’m still using feel not so bad.

I’m tempted on this guy, but I’d be worried something that was refurbed this late in the life cycle might not have the best of the best components in it.